Mi4 Lte Mobile Data Usage And Battery Drain Problem

Jan 18, 2014
Hi all,

I'm having problem with my new Mi4 LTE. From two days ago all of sudden I got big battery drain. Then I didn't realized that this is (IMO) form mobile data usage until I got message from my provider that I used all of my data volume. Yesterday and today I watched my mobile data usage and in afternoon it started again. In these three days I lost about 3 GB. Most of the day it is OK, and then all of sudden it begins to transfer something. Mi Account is set to sync WLAN only. Yesterday when I noticed it that it started again I tried to reboot device and it uses data again after reboot, and no active applications (no apps in recents when I press menu, left bottom button).

Which setting should I look into and what could it be? I cannot afford to loose so much data volume and need mobile data connection.

Thanks!

edit: form yesterday I'm on 5.9.17, I updated MIUI hopping that it could resolve problem, but it is same as before.

Oct 13, 2014
I have reported this bug several times but nobody seems to care about that. It's related to google apps. Uninstall google keyboard (use SwiftKey) and limit gmail sync

Jan 18, 2014
I think Gmail sync is already limited. Thanks for tip for Google keyboard, will try. The keyboard is no match to SwiftKey which I used on Mi2s, it already started to annoy me... ;)

Will report back.

Jan 18, 2014
Hi,

I can report back that yesterday when I disabled Google Keyboard and started back to use SwiftKey everything was fine, no unwanted mobile data usage. So claudiok thank you very much again!

I still don't get it why and on what keyboard uses 3 Gb data in 3 days... :(

Jan 18, 2014
Unfortunately I must report that this problem appeared again, despite Google Keyboard disabled (tip form claudiok). It is not so much data, it is slower transfer (5-40 kb/s), but it has eaten 700 Mb of my data. What now to do, is it solved in recent MIUI updates?