New MI4 W 4.11.28 Signal problem

L.Simon

Members
May 17, 2013
Sometimes goes to " Emergency Call" or Sometime goes to "No service"

Especially in 3g signal weak area.
I think the phone can't decide how to switch over to Edge properly.

For your info im in Malaysia using Maxis line on this MI4 W. The new version does not have such fix. so sad. I will provide logcat if can

Me I will return by Mi4 to my supplier, maybe it's an hardware issue ? it seem that we are alone with this issue :(

not alone.... same here on MI3w very very annoying, let us know if it is a hardware issue or not, please

do u use thick casing?

not casing at all! I have the phone form 2 weeks and I am pissed about this, I observed it with the factory rom, tried different roms after that still the same, I came to xiaomi form balckbarry with superb coverage and this is not acceptable for me.

the problem is when the 3g coverage is not ideal... then the phone start to change between - 2g for couple seconds, Emergency calls for couple minutes, No Service for couple minutes, 3g for couple seconds and again the same in different order! so thats means that most of the time there is no coverage! Even if I change the network setting to 2g only the phone still does the same think but without going to 3g... Some times if I make call the other site does not hear me but I always hear them.

OK what i tried that work a little bit...
Previously i used THICK casing with alot of plastic molded thing.[Actually my its my wife's phone].
So i really thoughts it the casing fault. So i decided to open up the casing. immediately the 3G line became available.
I compare side by side with my Mi2S phone for its Signal strength [ About>Status ] Look into Signal Strength ...
If reading going to upwards to near "0" means signal better.

Then wat i did is to put back the casing and HELL the line works wonder. The strength are back.

From here i assume that the cell tower trying to get "usual" registered phone and line became easily available.
I again test on my parents' house where there is usual weak spot for 3G. Line strength no problem with casing.
Will update here if i found another solution

I have the same problem. In a place where the signal is excellent my mobile sometimes lost the signal every few minutes.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1440585724693.png

Gprs seems to be deactivated. But I can't activate it. Could be the problem?

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk