E:unknow command [log]
E:unknow command [log]
unmount of /system failed ; no such volume
script succeded: result was []
updating parttion details...
...done
It says done. Now press back , wipe cache and dalvik and reboot to system

It says done. Now press back , wipe cache and dalvik and reboot to system
Ok, after 90 minute of waiting nothing change and no signs of installation, power off and restore the phone form previous version.
i can try another day.
Thanks to all.

Did you succeed to reboot on the system? If you did, did you take a look at the information of your device

Did you succeed to reboot on the system? If you did, did you take a look at the information of your device
Because the twrp said that installion was done so it looks like you had it installed.

Next thing you can do is the upload the update zip again, becaus there might be something wrong on your last package. Try that and proceed.

Basicly;

1. Remove your zip and download it again incase that something went wrong last time.

2. Reboot to recovery, install zip. Do not boot straight to system.

3. In recovery, press back, wipe cache and dalvik and then reboot to system. And be patient, it might take awhile

As for me i got stuck on white mi logo with update line under. I waited one hour and then i shut down and boot back and i got succeed.

Last edited:
90 minute and no progress of installation is strange... (mi logo fixed)

Now , reboot from twrp and restored backup, now i have the 6.12

Because the twrp said that installion was done so it looks like you had it installed.

Next thing you can do is the upload the update zip again, becaus there might be something wrong on your last package. Try that and proceed.

Basicly;

1. Remove your zip and download it again incase that something went wrong last time.

2. Reboot to recovery, install zip. Do not boot straight to system.

3. In recovery, press back, wipe cache and dalvik and then reboot to system. And be patient, it might take awhile

As for me i got stuck on white mi logo with update line under. I waited one hour and then i shut down and boot back and i got succeed.

Yes i think about a wrong zip, i have downloaded 2 times, i try soon ! thank you.

same issue for me... but unfortunately i have TWRP backup on my PC! how can I transfer? is it possible?

can I install again 6.12.22 with sideadb?

Last edited:
same issue for me... but unfortunately i have TWRP backup on my PC! how can I transfer? is it possible?

can I install again 6.12.22 with sideadb?
Transfer that backup to sd card or something like that and reboot to twrp and backup restore that.

And please tell us what you do step by step because there must be something that you do wrong way or something... It should go as we have wrote earlier

Hello
I have some videos in my channel of Youtube explaning how to update mi4c from android 5.1 to android 7. You can check it in
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. If you want to change the recovery with ADB follow this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Carlos Buffon
How long should I wait when I have the black screen with white Mi.com letters? I have updated to 6.12.12 via TWRP performed dalvik + cache clean and after I selected the latest zip from Updater app. TWRP screen appeared and after it reboots the screen freezes on the black splash. I waited ~15-20 mins with no progress, and usually there is something like 'installing updates' etc. Afterwards I was still able to access TWRP so Android 7 was not installed (thankfully) and I could reinstall 6.12.12. Any help?

6.12.22 is the version you need to be on...copy it to your device and reboot to TWRP select install... select the .ZIP ...swipe to install...afterward do the same for Android N...then unlock again and install TWRP Libra 7...
I made mistake when writing the message. Ofc I was on 6.12.22 not 6.12.12. But you say that I can install Nougat with TWRP as well? does the TWRP version matter? I have 3.0.2-0 installed

Unfotunately it does not work. When I install it from TWRP it's the same what @marciez mentioned, "unknown command. Unmount of system failed. No such volume" error. After that I cleaned the dalvik and cache and rebooted. I left the phone for whole night and still there was black screen with white Mi.com letters. Has anyone made update from MIUI 8 5.1.1 to MIUI 9 7.0 ? Maybe I should install MIUI8 with android 7 before and then update to MIUI 9?

Attachments

• IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    730.5 KB · Views: 678
There is a problem with direct installation on MI4C from version 6.12.22 to 7.8.17. You need to do a firmware update to 7.2.9 and then the system gets loaded. The same thing happens when you go from 6.12.22 to 7.7.20 and earlier, it looks like it must be installed first 7.2.9.

If anyone has a problem here is N firmware 7.2.9 to install in twrp libra-aqua_firmware_7.2.9.zip
This is a universal twrp for MI4C, works on both lollipop and nougat bootloader TWRP 3.1.1 for libra/aqua

EDIT:
@iamme729
I see where the problem is. There is no new bootloader in xiaomi.eu package. After updating miui is still the old 5.1 bootloader, the system does not load. In this package 7.2.9 is a new bootloader ;)
u9vansAl.jpg

Last edited:
the title of the thread is slightly confusing
Maybe, but the update process documentation is complete rubbish. I have not seen any sticky post that I need to go to android N first, not mentioned in the release notes of MIUI 9.

@slimozis many thanks to you man, I have sucessfully updated TWRP and MIUI. Dzięki!

6.12.22 is the latest version of 5.1 and 7.2.9 is the first of 7.0, as you made the first update to this version 7.2.9, it should not be further problems. But as you skip 7.2.9 and you want to install eg 7.7.20 this is a problem, the bootloader does not boot the system. Just install the N firmware itself and the system will boot. I checked with curiosity because a few people on miuipolska.pl had a problem with it. I think this is the fastest way to go from 5.1 to 7.0.

Reactions: Carlos Buffon
I made the transition from RR to MIUI, I had to do a basic wipe. Then installed 6.12.22 and then MIUI9 7.8.17, the system did not start. After installing N firmware the system has started. The same I checked by installing the latest version of MIUI8 7.7.20 on 6.12.22, the system only started after installing N firmware libra-aqua_firmware_7.2.9.zip

Reactions: iamme729
Last edited:
Reactions: iamme729
@slimozis thank you so much. I have struggle for days trying to update last MIUI 9 over 6.12.22 version. I update TWRP with fastboot then install latest MIUI 9 and install 7.2.9 firmware. After reboot everything works fine. I dont wipe anything so now i have all my apps and data on latest MIUI.

I made the transition from RR to MIUI, I had to do a basic wipe. Then installed 6.12.22 and then MIUI9 7.8.17, the system did not start. After installing N firmware the system has started. The same I checked by installing the latest version of MIUI8 7.7.20 on 6.12.22, the system only started after installing N firmware libra-aqua_firmware_7.2.9.zip
Hi,
And what about bootloader? After update to MIUI9 and flash nougat firmware is BL locked?

This is what i did to my MI4C with CM13. Now my MI4C with V8.5.1.0 ROM. Hope it help. :)

1. Flash and boot TWRP for 5.1.1
2. In TWRP, flash 6.12.22 ROM and clear/wipe dalvik/cache and reboot
3. Keep having problem to boot up (Some warning msg). So, i keep doing step #1 and #2 until i get the 6.12.22 ROM boot up successfully.
4. Go to TWRP and flash V8.5.1.0 ROM and clear/wipe dalvik/cache and reboot.
5. Flash and boot TWRP 3.1.1 for 7.0 and successful.