Mi4c Fault: Spontaneous Rebooting

MikeP

Members
Apr 3, 2016
Hi, I bought a Mi4c from xiaomidevice.com and shortly after entering 'lockscreen' state it shuts down, then reboots, then shuts down again, then re-reboots, over and over again. (I've made a short youtube vid of the issue but I can't paste the link because this forum (understandably) restricts this until I have 10 posts. If someone else who has 10+ posts could find it, perhaps searching in youtube 'xiaomi Mi4c faults spontaneous rebooting', then post here, I'd be appreciative! The vid is called "Xiaomi Mi4c faults: 1) spontaneous rebooting ; 2) can't install google play apps")

Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

Also, is xiaomidevice.com a legitimate seller? I bought from them because I thought they looked the most legitimate, but I bought this phone 2 months ago, have sent 14 emails now, have had no response to the last 2-3, and and getting a bit worried...

Hi, thanks for posting this video and for helping!

As you possibly gathered I'm not super knowledgeable about android and smartphones. I did try this reboot to recover mode suggestion three times already, based on instructions from xiaomidevice.com, but it failed to fix the problems. At your suggestion I tried one more time, just to be sure, and now something has changed and it won't work! Instead it brings up a diagram of the phone wanting to be plugged in. When I plug in it recognises /mimics this in the pic, but nothing else changes and it doesn't enter recovery mode.

I made another youtube vid - google for 'Mi4c won't go into recovery mode' which is the title - and again feel free to post a link here for me as I can't yet until I've made more posts in the forum.

Many thanks!

Thanks again! I had a google and found nothing.

I did also try 'power' + 'vol up' and that has the same effect.

(Note to other people, I had to take the 'htts://' off the front to get that 2nd link to work.)

Cheers

Thanks very much indeed Iamme729! I haven't tried this just yet, as I have first emailed xiaomidevices.com to check that this won't void my warranty. Sorry I am a scardy cat! Not sure whether the spontaneous shutdown fault is hardware or software hence am wary of losing warranty in the case that it is hardware.

Given that I could previously reboot to recovery mode, I wonder what has changed / how my bootloader became locked all of a sudden. A Xiaomi update perhaps?

Thanks very much indeed Iamme729! I haven't tried this just yet, as I have first emailed xiaomidevices.com to check that this won't void my warranty. Sorry I am a scardy cat! I'm not sure whether the spontaneous shutdown fault is hardware or software hence am wary of losing warranty in the case that it is hardware.

Given that I could previously reboot to recovery mode, I wonder what has changed / how my bootloader became locked all of a sudden. A Xiaomi update perhaps?

Yeah, I hope xiaomidevices.com reply this time I have had radio silence from them for a couple of weeks and a few emails, which is unimpressive, and worrying for me...

Actually the spontaneous shutdown/rebooting cycle behavior has happened from moment I received the phone. It is just the 'reboot to recovery mode' that seems to have stopped working, sometime in the last few weeks.

I follow a guide unlocking my mi4c!!! I was having screen issue, I flash fastboot, unlock the bootloader and finally gtv!!! I translate the guide succeded myself and posted in miui.gr!!!! If you can reboot to fastboot check if your device if is Locked!
I think Xiaomi is too hard to die!!!!

~~mi4c ™~~

Hi all,
I bought my MI4C a month ago and now, it is rebooting all the time. I have no much knoglement about but I tried UP BOTTON + POWER and I tried Reboot, Wipe data, Wipe All... And nothing fix the phone. I conected to my laptop and after a while, everything comes in chinese so i am unable to fix it.
PLEASE, any help is more than wellcome. Thanks

Hi Javito..can you give us a little more information... like the ROM build you are running...whether or not you have a locked bootloader...do you have a custom recovery or MiRecovery.. we will try to help if you can supply this information...thank you....

Hi iamme729, can you explain me how to check those details? I have no idea about how to find it. I wrote to the technical service and they answer me some instructions but once i do it, the chinese programmes they told me to open, dont work as they explain me and everything is in chinese...even most of the notice cant be copied so i cant translate them...im really upset. I wish i had not bought this phone...

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your excellent help and ideas!

I have been trying to obtain permission from my phone's seller, xiaomidevice.com, to try your suggestion to fix the locked bootloader without voiding my warranty In the absence of any help from them! Not that locked bootloader is even the primary problem (according to my limited knowledge the primary problem is spontaneous rebooting.) I have now sent 17 emails to xiaomidevice.com since I bought the phone on Feb 4th, and have sent 6 emails in the last 27 days to which I have not had any answer whatsoever. They are 100% stonewalling me, so very frustrating!

So I realise that I paid via Paypal and hence have great consumer protection through them. Have contacted the seller via Paypal as the first step to officially setting Paypal onto them. I suspect this is my best way forward for now.

Javito, hopefully you can solve your problem too! Or else hopefully you also paid through Paypal and can thereby force the seller to provide a refund.

Thanks yet again everyone!

Hi, just FYI they have gotten in contact and asked me to return the phone, and have suggested that I'll get a refund. My fingers are crossed!