Mi5 - From .eu To Global Stable (no Miflash)

Frankynov

Members
May 6, 2016
Good evening all,

First of all I would like to thank everyone here in the staff for their fantastic work. My gf and I are enjoying .EU rom on her Redmi 3 pro Ido and my Mi5.
Recently, Android Pay has been launched in Belgium and naturally I tried to use it.
Sadly, it turns out that we need a device with locked bootloader and on a stable global rom (currently using latest dev .EU).

So I have tried to use MiFlash to flash the latest global stable (8.2.2.0) but it seems that with windows 10 latest creators update (or even before ?) miflash can't detect my phone in the list.
I have tried to install multiple versions of the tool (currently using the 2016.08.30.0), disabled drivers signatures, ... No luck. Every time I click on "Refresh" I get the message : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have then looked in the extracted zip file of the rom containing the system images (fastboot version), and there were many .BAT and .SH scripts files with fastboot commands.
I have tried to run all the commands of flash_all_except_storage.BAT one, it went fine but the device wouldn't boot (stuck on Mi logo with 3 white dots pulsing forever)

I've also tried to directly flash via TWRP the global ZIP OTA file but this time the rom wouldn't even boot (no white dots)

So while I'm perfectly happy with the .EU roms, I really would like to try Android Pay on my MI5. I know some Magisk applications exist to fake the fact that bootloader is locked but it doesn't seem to work with .EU roms.

TL;DR big question : Do you know if it is possible to flash the official global ROM from .EU on MI5 without going through MiFlash ?

Currently I'm back on latest .EU rom.

Thanks !

Small update :
Somehow I found a newer version of MiFlash (2016.12.22 Release) which seems to work with Windows 10 creative update.
I could flash the stable rom (with flash_all_except_storage), but I have the same behavior as the manual flash, 3 white dots moving and no boot of the rom after 20 minutes.