Mi5 Go To Rom Xiaomi.eu Stable From Weekly

Nov 25, 2016
Hi all,
I saw severall questions and post about this subject but i wanna get a confirmation if i'm considering doing the things wright.

I have a Mi5 64 GB using the weekly rom it is now on 7.5.18 wich is 8.3 xiaomi.
I wanna go to stable one, and of course i have the bootloader unlock.
I'm considering doing this steps:
Go to twrp
and wipe system,data, cache
Then install stable.zip
OR do i need to use the Miflash and get the zip and clean all and install?

Best regrads to all

Hi all,
I saw severall questions and post about this subject but i wanna get a confirmation if i'm considering doing the things wright.

I have a Mi5 64 GB using the weekly rom it is now on 7.5.18 wich is 8.3 xiaomi.
I wanna go to stable one, and of course i have the bootloader unlock.
I'm considering doing this steps:
Go to twrp
and wipe system,data, cache
Then install stable.zip
OR do i need to use the Miflash and get the zip and clean all and install?

Best regrads to all
Not recommended, better install stable with MiFlash with fastboot rom.

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Jaime DLH
And how to upgrade betweet weekly roms. (Help for dummies pls)

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

I installed via twrp the stable 8.2.2 over the weekly 7.5.25 without wipe or fastboot. Didn't clean nothing and is working but.... There's always a but, Im having force close in several apps and Miui cloud can't synchronize, gallery don't show items.... So Now what's the solution reset factory on settings and restore stuff or fastboot stable with clean all.

Enviado do meu MI 5 através de Tapatalk

If you switch ROMs (for example, going from stable to dev, or viceversa) it's always necessary to perform a wipe (/data, /dalvik and /cache) or else you'll get all the problems you describe (force closes, etc.), and even more. I'd try a factory reset, that should solve it.

I've done it, i switch from weekly 7.5.25 to stable 8.2.2 and now 8.5.2.
what i did:
Backup with twrp in case i wanna go back exectly the same way.
Backup folder by folder from internal storage, music, dcim, miui, ringtones and so one.
Did backup using settings and after that also copied Storage\miui\backp\allbackups\date folder
Titanium backup also used for copy settings and wifi settings,they are not recovered by Google restore..... :( twrp backup helped on this and to restore older system backup those and restore new system and voil´´a
After backup flashing....

Miflash with clean all, china stable = xiami stable
after that twrp and wipe data and system because of password required to flash xiaomi.eu rom
twrp flash xiaomi rom
give it a go and fill in details, restored data and folders
Go to settings and restore from data saved from miui and all apps starts to appear
Finally adjust almost everything because the difference in weekly and stable is huge and almost nothing get restored, like wifi settings, fingerprint clock alarms also very bad this one.
Pay a lot of attention but i'm more happy with stable than with weekly.