Mi5 With Global Rom

RickU09

Members
Jul 22, 2016
Dear xiaomi eu forum users,

I've received my MI5 yesterday and came to the conclusion it has the original global rom installed.
Normally ibuygou flashes the xiaomi.eu rom for european costumers but they didnt this time.

I cannot find any a to z guide for flashing the Xiaomi MI5 and i'm worried about bricking my phone.

What steps do I need to follow to flash Xiaomi.eu rom? I've read something about unlocking bootloader and Xiaomi flash tool etc... but not in one howto, spread over several pages. This makes me a little unconfident about the flashing process.

Is there somebody who can guide me a little through the process.

I do not need root access or anything. Just a clean MIUI version with the Dutch language.

Thanks, Ive seen this thead but I still do not know how to unlock bootloader? What should I describe as reason?
Or is this already done by Xiaomi/Ibuygou when they flashed their global rom, is there any way to check this?

Is this guide any good? xiaomitips . com/guide/unlock-mi-5-bootloader/

Last edited:
I've tried several things but it seems i cannot enter fastboot, I see the bunny appear but after 10 seconds the phone just shuts down. Also when holding vol+ & power on, I see the picture of a phone with/without a cable connected. What should I do now?

If you not unlocked your bootloader you can not Flash any rom!
First Do an unlock. I'm having instructions to unlock but it is in my native language (german)

I cannot perform an unlock because fastboot shows bunny for about 10 seconds, then phone suddenly shuts down...

I've tried several things but it seems i cannot enter fastboot, I see the bunny appear but after 10 seconds the phone just shuts down. Also when holding vol+ & power on, I see the picture of a phone with/without a cable connected. What should I do now?
Try with vol- & power on

Yes, I got confirmation message
You've been granted permission to unlock your device Mi Account ..........
Vol+ & power gives me an immage from a phone with a USB cable???

I got a litttle further but... I get an error message: Current account is different from the account info on the device.

Is it a problem that I do not have a SIM card in it yet? I have to wait for a nano version, I have a micro in my Redmi Note 2... This makes it impossible to activate the phone maybe???

I got a litttle further but... I get an error message: Current account is different from the account info on the device.

Is it a problem that I do not have a SIM card in it yet? I have to wait for a nano version, I have a micro in my Redmi Note 2... This makes it impossible to activate the phone maybe???
Install latest Rom, then try again.
Or install latest China dev Rom (fastboot) then try again, it will work.

No Sim needed.

Regards

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Install latest Rom, then try again.
Or install latest China dev Rom (fastboot) then try again, it will work.

No Sim needed.

Regards

I've downloaded the latest ROM via "About device" -> "System updates" -> Download latest ROM
Should I pick global or china dev rom? I have the stable 7.5.2.0 a.t.m.

I'll start downloading and flashing global developer ROM 6.5.30 and try again.
http://en.miui.com/download-299.html

Do you know any other solutions if this doesn't work?

I've downloaded the latest ROM via "About device" -> "System updates" -> Download latest ROM
Should I pick global or china dev rom? I have the stable 7.5.2.0 a.t.m.

I'll start downloading and flashing global developer ROM 6.5.30 and try again.
http://en.miui.com/download-299.html

Do you know any other solutions if this doesn't work?
I had the same issue in the first place, after updating it simply had worked, don't forget to add your mi account and enable USB debugging.

I can recommend the latest China dev Rom if English is sufficient for you.

Regards.

I had the same issue in the first place, after updating it simply had worked, don't forget to add your mi account and enable USB debugging.

I can recommend the latest China dev Rom if English is sufficient for you.

Regards.

Thanks a lot!! After flashing developer ROM it worked. After that successfully installed the xiaomi.eu stable rom.
Today or tomorrow I'll receive my nano SIM and start using my new MI5. No more huge Redmi Note to carry around.

Reactions: Karpfenhai
Thanks a lot!! After flashing developer ROM it worked. After that successfully installed the xiaomi.eu stable rom.
Today or tomorrow I'll receive my nano SIM and start using my new MI5. No more huge Redmi Note to carry around.
So, did you just install dev rom from updater and after that did the same procedure with xiaomi.eu rom? No need to fastboot or unlockin bl...? I think that my bl is already unlocked, or thats what i understood what the seller said to me. Thank you.