New Mi5S Plus - Stereo mode bug

Miquene

Members
Apr 11, 2014
Hi, has anyone noticed that the beta Rom doesn't have the stereo mode options?
Steps to re-create the bug:
Start camera, select the stereo option, and take a picture.
After its done proccesing the image, go to the gallery and there is no option to adjust the fake f number as it was before.
Installing miui developer rom from Xiaomi, and also the stable one the camera has the option also the gallery has it, in Xiaomi eu rom this feature is missing. Also the China beta has it.
I did a full wipe and installment and the xiaomi.eu rom still doesn't have it.

PD; Copy-paste from user Caretaker

I've no idea what you're talking about. We'll need screenshots, at the very least, of the features you're talking about, both in Camera and Gallery.

Here is the photos. There are no options in the gallery, the circle does not come out, as in the camera.

thanks you.

Can you make a photo using that mode, upload it somewhere and send me a link to it? I'll need a sample for debugging.

Try this:
1) Go to TWRP, mount System partition.
2) Advanced -> File Manager
3) Browse to /system/priv-app
4) Delete "MiuiExtraPhoto" directory.
5) Reboot to system.

Let me know if it worked.
If not, try opening that image you sent me in the Gallery on a China ROM, see if the function shows there. If it does, take a screenshot so I could see how the function looks like in the Gallery app.

Try this:
1) Go to TWRP, mount System partition.
2) Advanced -> File Manager
3) Browse to /system/priv-app
4) Delete "MiuiExtraPhoto" directory.
5) Reboot to system.

Let me know if it worked.
If not, try opening that image you sent me in the Gallery on a China ROM, see if the function shows there. If it does, take a screenshot so I could see how the function looks like in the Gallery app.

Thank you for your help, but I'm sorry to say it didn't work out.

There is a video on YouTube that shows you how it works. You take a picture in stereo mode. Then you go to the photo, and in the photo you get a circle that allows you to modify the blur photo, lets you choose how much blur you want and in what area of the photo if you press instead of the photo.

Link video -> Stereo mode Mi5s Plus- I show you the minute he does it.

Thank you for your help, but I'm sorry to say it didn't work out.

There is a video on YouTube that shows you how it works. You take a picture in stereo mode. Then you go to the photo, and in the photo you get a circle that allows you to modify the blur photo, lets you choose how much blur you want and in what area of the photo if you press instead of the photo.

Link video -> Stereo mode Mi5s Plus- I show you the minute he does it.
That video is extremely old. I can't find any recent Gallery app, as old as the one from V10.2, that detects this photo as a Blur Refocus photo. You said that it works in China ROM. I need a proof from a recent China ROM.