Mi5s Software Or Hardware Fault?

baronbr

Members
Jul 11, 2017
Hi everyone, first of all, thanks for being such nice community!
I've just received my new Mi5S, played with it for a bit and flashed xiaomiu.eu stable (because I was told to not use the 'fake' banggood global rom) , then flashed the latest xiaomi.eu dev (Android 7.0, I guess).

Everything was fine, but I tried to use the fingerprint sensor and it works very poorly, having to press more than 100 times to setup my finger, and then, it was very inconsistent to unlock.

I've tried many roms to try to understand the problem: Ressurection Remix, Xiaomi Global Stable 7.5.25 (using TWRP, flashing over "fake banggood global rom"), all have the same issue.

My question are...
Can i fix it flashing the global xiaomi image fastboot? (Maybe it's a corrupt/incompatible fingerprint firmware?)

Is there any difference from using TWRP and flashboot to flash? (I couldn't install the stable ROM after installing the dev, in order to downgrade, i restored my backup from 'fake banggood global rom', and then flashed xiaomi.eu stable // maybe the .zip doensn't come with all firmware? //

Will my bootloader LOCK if i flashboot? (my phone came unlocked from banggood).

Maybe my sensor is faulty? I guess it was working with the "banggood fake rom", but I tested briefly (it unlocked a few times, at least).

PS: I've never flashed with fastboot, just got the shop rom and changed for xiaomi.eu (and installed TWRP from ADB).

PS2: Something else happened, the phone connects to wifi for maybe 2 seconds and drops, and keep doing this! I dunno what I've done, but this bug was fixed, and after experimenting with many roms (RR, Xiaomi.eu and global dev), it started doing this again, I dunno if maybe it's a faulty modem firmware too (confirming the possibility of corrupt firmware) or maybe it's all about hardware and I must send this sexy baby back to BangGood.

Thanks!

Try to register the same finger twice. in different positions
its work for me! goodlook

It's too faulty to try to register the same finger twice, the first setup took more than 100 presses with minor rotation of the finger. More than 5 minutes, and after MANY tries :p

hahaha.. i prefer rom xiaomi.eu, but You can try to get back to the global rom.

I guess I prefer xiaomi.eu too! So many features!!! Hehe

Maybe I can flashboot the original, MAYBE fix the bug, then I reflash xiaomi.eu?
My fear is relocking my phone.

Maybe I read this wrong but it suggests you didn't wipe your phone before flashing the xiaomi.eu rom
If not then try a wipe from twrp and then flash the xiaomi.eu rom (dev or stable, your choice).
If it still doesn't work properly then perhaps download the latest rom from xiaomi and use the miflash tool to install it as this will upgrade any firmware that is out of date as well. After that you'll need to install twrp again to be able to go back to wiping and installing the xiaomi.eu rom again. (might require an unlock again not sure on that point)