Mi8 Bricked due to bootloader lock on global rom

abloh

Members
Aug 31, 2018
used miflash but forgot to change "clean all and lock" to "clean all" while on global rom which made the phone boot instantly into recovery saying "this miui version cannot be installed on device". ive tried miassistant but the phone is not connected to a xiaomi account. ive tried manually flashing everything from global rom to chinese rom to all the .img files by hand. i tried mitool it asked to turn on debugging but i cant access os. ive tried miflash but it says error. i tried to find a way to sideload with recovery. i tried oem unlock through fastboot. i tried flash_all in a command prompt and even edited it not to auto close and nothing worked all it tells me is that i am unable to flash due to locked bootloader. tried wipe data from the xiaomi recovery. i am all out of ideas can anyone help me out.

Was it unlocked before flash? Have you tried mi flash unlock. If you used it before to unlock bootloader it should work instantly.

used miflash but forgot to change "clean all and lock" to "clean all" while on global rom which made the phone boot instantly into recovery saying "this miui version cannot be installed on device". ive tried miassistant but the phone is not connected to a xiaomi account. ive tried manually flashing everything from global rom to chinese rom to all the .img files by hand. i tried mitool it asked to turn on debugging but i cant access os. ive tried miflash but it says error. i tried to find a way to sideload with recovery. i tried oem unlock through fastboot. i tried flash_all in a command prompt and even edited it not to auto close and nothing worked all it tells me is that i am unable to flash due to locked bootloader. tried wipe data from the xiaomi recovery. i am all out of ideas can anyone help me out.
You are not alone believe me and there are tons of threads about that problem both here and on MIUI forum. Looks only solution is EDL mode and you will be asked for authorization to flash device. Pretty simple :) if you get authorization from Xiaomi.

You are not alone believe me and there are tons of threads about that problem both here and on MIUI forum. Looks only solution is EDL mode and you will be asked for authorization to flash device. Pretty simple :) if you get authorization from Xiaomi.
thanks for the tip ill look into it.

i got the device unlocked and ive tried using miflash
OK. But if you done flash_all and lock you relocked the bootloader. In this case phone may not boot with different rom. So try to unlock bootloader again with miflash unlock.

Was it unlocked before flash? Have you tried mi flash unlock. If you used it before to unlock bootloader it should work instantly.

Yes it was unlocked i purchased it unlocked with the global rom and while I was flashing and whatever I didn’t reconnect to my xiaomi account but even so it needs to be connected for 360 hours if I’m not wrong which it wasnt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. But if you done flash_all and lock you relocked the bootloader. In this case phone may not boot with different rom. So try to unlock bootloader again with miflash unlock.

Ive tried beleive me but it doesn’t work either mi unlock says my device isn’t connected to my account I’ll wait the 360 hours if that doesn’t work I’ll come up with something else

hi there! the same thing just happened to me :/ how did you solve? thank you in advance

Didn’t solve it I got a deep flash cable to no success its now a paperweight I’m too preoccupied with my iphone xs max I’m getting tomorrow lol

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me, one by one.

How do you get authorization from Xiaomi?

Reactions: abloh
If you came here because you have the same problem, please check this:

https://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1435734

It's in Spanish but luckily you have Google translate to help you. Follo every step and you'll be ready to go. Yes, including buying an account from a scammy-looking website. This will definitely fix your problem.

If you have problems with Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetic sensor, Pressure sensor,, Proximity sensor, light sensor, Hall, Rear camera, Rear sub camera, Front camera, Rear dual camera and NFC, don't worry. Do you recall wiping the Persist partition? That's alright, you can fix it too in the same process.

Just follow these steps just after extracting the chinese ROM you've downloaded:

Unzip the fastboot rom you downloaded (See link above)

Open flash_all.bat with notepad

Find this line:
fastboot %* flash storsec_ab %~dp0images\storsec.img || @echo "Flash storsec_ab error" && exit /B 1

Add a new line below with this:
fastboot %* flash persist %~dp0images\persist.img || @echo “Flash persist error” && exit /B 1

Save the file.

Open images\rawprogram0.xml

find the line:

<program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="4096" file_sector_offset="0" filename="" label="persist" num_partition_sectors="16384" partofsingleimage="false" physical_partition_number="0" readbackverify="false" size_in_KB="65536.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0x4000000" start_sector="16384"/>

And change filename="" to filename="persist.img"

It should look like this:

<program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="4096" file_sector_offset="0" filename="persist.img" label="persist" num_partition_sectors="16384" partofsingleimage="false" physical_partition_number="0" readbackverify="false" size_in_KB="65536.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0x4000000" start_sector="16384"/>

Now save this file.

Hope this helps, in my case my mi8 is now like new, don't loose hope

Hei, my mi8 is bricked after OTA. Any solutions/tools for EDL authorisation bypass yet?? China version dipper with locked BL. If anyone can help with authorised ID please msg me. WhatsApp: +40766267128

Hei, my mi8 is bricked after OTA. Any solutions/tools for EDL authorisation bypass yet?? China version dipper with locked BL. If anyone can help with authorised ID please msg me. WhatsApp: +40766267128
There's is something new. Looks like you can check and bind your computer to your Mi account to get authorization.
Open Mi flash tool folder and then Mi folder and start account_auth.exe with administrator privileges. You will be promot to login in your account but Change to English and try again.

Attachments

• Mi authrs..JPG
    Mi authrs..JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,802