New MI8 SE sensors not working

NoOne

Members
Aug 4, 2016
Hi, anyone please help me!!!

I am on MIUI 10 8.8.16, i thougt it was 8.8.3 bug but it is same on 8.8.16, none of sensors is working, as example gyroscope, rotation is not working, seems to be light sensor problem... Can it be OS problem or hardware? How to troubleshoot?

Phone is from AliExpress so i am not sure will i be able to return it if it is hardware fault.

Pleaste help! THanak you!
Screenshot_2018-08-18-13-34-18-561_com.blogspot.novalabsandroid.gyroscopetest.png

Download fastboot rom and exctract persist.img from it. Boot into TWRP and go to Mount - tick the persist partition and then go to install and flash the persist.img as an image.

Reactions: NoOne
Download the fastboot rom for your phone. Unzip it with WinRar and you will find a file called persist.img. In Mount settings there is an option Persist if not search for another version of TWRP for your phone in the forum since I don`t have that phone or you can go directly to Install in TWRP section and flash the persist.img as an image

Reactions: NoOne
Can i use persist.img from MIUI MIUI China Stable V9.5 ROM image?

And i still can not find persist in TWRP, just to doublecheck, i can flash it just like image?

Yes, you can use it. It is strange that is not listed in Mount options in TWRP. Just try to install it as an image.

Thanks for helb, but sill no luck :)

Please check screenshots, there is no persist, but there is no official TWRP for 8 SE:
Screenshot_2018-08-18-07-55-47.png

And which partition i should flash persisist to?
Screenshot_2018-08-18-07-57-50.png

I think it is a problem of TWRP. Don't flash the persist.img to other partition. Wait for an updated TWRP or other suggestions.

Flashed another TWRP and was able to flash persist, sensors seems to be working, steps counter still not working and proximity only shows 0 or 5 cm, but maybe it is ok..

But can you explain problem a bit? Maybe something else is broken if i had this problem.

For me steps counter is working when it wants - e.g. i click on it today and nothing changes and tomorrow it shows 2000 steps. The proximity also shows 0 to 5 cm. I think everything is working normally now

And do i need to reflash persist again? Maybe with new original ROM release?

metro paso lo mismo,podria darme los pasos para recuperar los sensores???gracias
Download fastboot rom of MIUI China Stable V9.5 ROM from Xiaomi > use WinRAR to extract persist.img>Mount or flash this image to Persist partition in TWRP. Dont flash to any other patition only Persist! IF you dont see this partition in your TWRP change TWRP.