Mi8 USB connection to Windows 10 not working

Otura

Members
Jun 6, 2019
Hi.

I have a Mi8 (China version), bootloader unlocked officially, clean-flashed xiaomi.eu 9.5.30.

When I connect the phone to the laptop (Windows 10 64bits) the laptop does not react at all. The phone charges, but the device manager does not show anything.

I've tried:
- ROM clean flash: Same result. In fact the issue started before I clean-flashed the 9.5.30.
- Several cables, including the original: Same with all of them.
- Several USB ports in the laptop: Same result with all of them.
- Other devices in the same laptop (USB keys, drives, mouses...): The USB ports are working.
- Rebooting.
- Changing the default USB connection mode in the Developer options.
- Booting recovery mode: no reaction.
- Booting fastboot: here is the only reaction which is an error 43 (Device failed enumeration) in Windows Device Manager. I tried to uninstall the drivers, update them and a couple of other tricks in the registry. Nothing worked.
- Reinstalling the Mi software (unlocker, Mi manager application...), the adb drivers, etc...

Any idea?

Hi.

I have a Mi8 (China version), bootloader unlocked officially, clean-flashed xiaomi.eu 9.5.30.

When I connect the phone to the laptop (Windows 10 64bits) the laptop does not react at all. The phone charges, but the device manager does not show anything.

I've tried:
- ROM clean flash: Same result. In fact the issue started before I clean-flashed the 9.5.30.
- Several cables, including the original: Same with all of them.
- Several USB ports in the laptop: Same result with all of them.
- Other devices in the same laptop (USB keys, drives, mouses...): The USB ports are working.
- Rebooting.
- Changing the default USB connection mode in the Developer options.
- Booting recovery mode: no reaction.
- Booting fastboot: here is the only reaction which is an error 43 (Device failed enumeration) in Windows Device Manager. I tried to uninstall the drivers, update them and a couple of other tricks in the registry. Nothing worked.
- Reinstalling the Mi software (unlocker, Mi manager application...), the adb drivers, etc...

Any idea?
For adb, it's recommended to use an USB 2 port, but filetransfer from the booted phone should always work.

No drivers required, it's just mass storage, try the chance the option on the phone (mtp mode).

Regards

Edit, No issues with my win 10 64bit.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

For adb, it's recommended to use an USB 2 port, but filetransfer from the booted phone should always work.

No drivers required, it's just mass storage, try the chance the option on the phone (mtp mode).

Regards

Edit, No issues with my win 10 64bit.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition

Thanks Karpfenhai!

I fully agree with you... but it does not work.

As the USB connection is not detected on any of the ends, there is no option to change to MTP mode. I can only modify the 'default mode' from the developer options.

Thanks Karpfenhai!

I fully agree with you... but it does not work.

As the USB connection is not detected on any of the ends, there is no option to change to MTP mode. I can only modify the 'default mode' from the developer options.

Be sure you have a working USB cable and USB port on the computer by testing them with some other phone.

Otherwise try a different computer.

People seem to have all sorts of problems with this.

You might of course have a faulty USB port on the phone.