New Mi9 9.12.27 huge baterry drain

xdauser

Members
May 29, 2019
It seems that only Mi9 series devices is affected by that. Battery drain seems to be caused by google play services according to GSam Battery Monitor.
The last stable version for me was 9.8.1 where I had 2% battery consumption per hour. Now it is 10 to 15% per hour and phone runs quite warm. All consecutive ROMS afer 9.8.1 seems to have this issue. In the latest ROM 9.12.27 there were several cases already called on forum.

It seems that only Mi9 series devices is affected by that. Battery drain seems to be caused by google play services according to GSam Battery Monitor.
The last stable version for me was 9.8.1 where I had 2% battery consumption per hour. Now it is 10 to 15% per hour and phone runs quite warm. All consecutive ROMS afer 9.8.1 seems to have this issue. In the latest ROM 9.12.27 there were several cases already called on forum.
Try factory reset. I don't have your kind of problem.

Well I did format data before installing as per recommended. Clean flash and still no sucess

I also recommend to either manual upgrade Google play service to the most recent version or clear all of its data even the setup is new, the incorporated version is most likely outdated and sometimes the background upgrade process is responsible for the mentioned symptoms, the Rom is not to blame, this happens also on official releases on occasion.

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reactions: dogiex and LOLO9393
I have issues with battery drain after the last update of xiaomi.eu weekly due to cell standby - system battery usage.

Googl Play is OK here...

Any idea what to do or just wait for next update?

I did a clean flash, format data.
aedd456001779165b855a79a770d4478.jpg
11a94cb8ecf0a791ea2deff910a6341c.jpg
71db682b97552c2576a63e589930a630.jpg
0af58bb4e03e6bc2e97e5667da1aaa47.jpg

Poslano z mojega MI 9 z uporabo Tapatalk

As in earlier version (Android 9) it seems that the default settings for preferred network type do not fit the needs of some users.
At least I had to change them to LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto. Since then I have almost no drain through cell standby.
Just as a hint.

As in earlier version (Android 9) it seems that the default settings for preferred network type do not fit the needs of some users.
At least I had to change them to LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto. Since then I have almost no drain through cell standby.
Just as a hint.
Since the last update it's not possible to save the changes. I used to have setting to LTE/WCDMA which was better for battery drain, but after the last update it's changed back to default with every reboot. Before the settings were save and not changed after a reboot.

Since the last update it's not possible to save the changes. I used to have setting to LTE/WCDMA which was better for battery drain, but after the last update it's changed back to default with every reboot. Before the settings were save and not changed after a reboot.

Yes. these settings - especially whet set via USSD code have to be reset after reboot.
With Android 10 these problem was gone until it came back with one of the last versions. I don't know which one.

But your question was about batter drain caused by cell standby. So this might be a solution. Use it or not.