Mi9T Pro Dirty Flash to Android 11 bootloop

Marian.Liviu

Members
Dec 2, 2018
Hello everyone!

So I haven't updated since 20.12.9 and now I thought it's a good time but as the title says I have some problems..
My recovery, which I used for a long time is PitchBlack version 2.9.0 because a long time ago when I bought the phone and switched to xiaomi.eu it was the only recovery that worked. It got me through every update no problem.

Now I downloaded the latest update 21.2.3, proceeded to recovery, wiped dalvik and cache and flashed the ROM. No success as it doesn't boot, just returns to recovery.
I found out it was an android 11 update, so naturally, I downloaded the latest TWRP recovery and proceeded with flashing the latest ROM from there. No success either..
I tried latest PitchBlack 3.0.0 recovery, Orange Fox recovery, all official TWRP versions, flashing other android 11 ROMs like 20.12.28, but with no success.

Except the PitchBlack 2.9.0 recovery, I can't flash any ROM, not event 20.12.9. Every time it fails to boot and returns to recovery.
Only thing that boots is flashing 20.12.9 with PitchBlack 2.9.0 recovery.

I really don't want to format the whole phone just to update it... Many guys on the forum had successfully dirty flashed their way from android 10 to 11 on the Mi9T Pro.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Hello,

In TWRP, do you have to type a pin/password/pattern to see your data in "/sdcard"?

If answer is no, maybe you have previously disabled ROM encryption (it's bad to do that...) so you may need to install "DFE" (= Disable Forced Encryption) again.

If answer is yes, please use OrangeFox and check the "/data" partition => Format type is "EXT4" or "F2FS"?

Anyway, I really recommend to format the data partition with the latest TWRP or OrangeFox version.

:)

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't have to enter any pin in TWRP, all data is decrypted.

I think you are right, I previously disabled ROM encryption from what I can remember. I can't check for sure right now because I need the phone working.

I've read something last night about DFE but can't seem to find anything clear about it. How do I install it and where do I find it? I suppose it's a zip I need to flash.

Thank you!