Resolved MiCloud Backup is not working. Can't do backup or restore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpa007

Members
May 16, 2015
MiCloud Backup is not working. Can't do backup or restore! Not working on my Mi6 and on my Redmi 3S too.

asdf.JPG

It has been like this for a few weeks now. Could be a Xiaomi server problem, but I wonder why they do not fix it...

It has been like this for a few weeks now. Could be a Xiaomi server problem, but I wonder why they do not fix it...
No, is not a Xiaomi server problem. I have an older Xiaomi phone too with official Global beta rom and there is working the MiCloud backup properly. So something wrong with xiaomi.eu rom.

Reactions: trustkill
No, is not a Xiaomi server problem. I have an older Xiaomi phone too with official Global beta rom and there is working the MiCloud backup properly. So something wrong with xiaomi.eu rom.

Good to know. I did have the same impression, because - as I wrote somewhere else here in the forum - the bug on my phone appeared exactly at one weekly update. I always do backups directly before updates, and directly after. For one particular version (I don't remember exactly which one, but it is in my other post), it worked before, and 5 minutes later, after installation and reboot, it didn't.
While this CAN of course be a coincidence, I consider it highly unlikely to be the case.

I'm having the same issues with my mind mix 2s. I can't restore from micloud. I get the same as above user. I've tried re booting, signing in/out of the cloud to no avail. Anyone help!!?

More like MIUI issue than ours cause it works just fine on mi4 with xiaomi.eu ROM.

I'm using Xiaomi EU weekly ROM and back ups are not working. So frustrating as I just want to restore my phone . Anyone please help?

It's very frustrating to see that this important backup feature hasn't worked for weeks.

Nobody in the team seems to take this seriously, on the contrary it is said it is not a xiaomi.eu bug.

The backup function in the miCloud is one of the important functions, in my opinion.

I hope my move to Pocophone works with Titanium Backup. Otherwise I have a problem.

We do care and we ran multiple tests across platforms and what fails everytime is server. Not ours, but Chinese one.

You know there are two ways to exchange data between xiaomi devices one is cloud the other one is local sharing by mimover.

Oh mi mover lol! I get what you're saying. I'm just left with a blank phone now (back to factory settings with none of my settings, apps etc) as I did a factory reset and wanted my old apps etc back and nothing is showing up in mi cloud. I don't see how mi mover would work as you would need two devices. I give up! I'll have to go through everything and set it up from scratch!!!

Yeah well mimover works when you transfer from one device to another, but there is one more way to backup miui backup in setting - additional settings - copy restore - miui backup. I never fully trust cloud I guess from now on you will not too, so consider local backup via this tool (for the next time).

I have paid for additional MI Cloud backup space and I am really frustrated that there is no solution.
Looks like I have to try a factory reset which is the last thing I like to do...

Yes I'll do make sure next time that I do a local backup as well a cloud one too so I can definitely recover my settings. Also in the latest ROM, when you increase the font size to medium or large it also increases the folder sizes to huge on the home screen and other pages. Annoying

I have paid for additional MI Cloud backup space and I am really frustrated that there is no solution.

me too. I actually paid quite some money for a year of extra storage, of which already 2 months the backup does NOT work. How cannot we feel duped?

We do care and we ran multiple tests across platforms and what fails everytime is server. Not ours, but Chinese one.

The question is, why the Chinese server fails. It could be some change in API, or geo-fencing. Did your tests include the original Chinese ROM, and if so, did the backup work with that ROM but not with the EU ROM, on the same device, from the same location? It will be necessary to get the backup working again, as quite a number of people are actually PAYING for the Cloud.

Can not be the server. I have a Redmi 6 as 2nd phone and MI Cloud backup is working fine on this phone.
This must be an issue of my MI8 or installed Rom on MI 8.

When I do a factory reset, will the local backup still be on the phone?
Factory reset will not help with this cloud thing and nope your local backup will be safe as long as you do not check wipe sd as well.

The question is, why the Chinese server fails. It could be some change in API, or geo-fencing. Did your tests include the original Chinese ROM, and if so, did the backup work with that ROM but not with the EU ROM, on the same device, from the same location? It will be necessary to get the backup working again, as quite a number of people are actually PAYING for the Cloud.
We tried official global roms and issue is there too, am not sure for how long it is how it is, cause I was not in a need to restore, not until last week when I realized the issue is there.

Can not be the server. I have a Redmi 6 as 2nd phone and MI Cloud backup is working fine on this phone.
This must be an issue of my MI8 or installed Rom on MI 8.
Thought so too for a moment, but take a look:
Code:
11-14 11:21:29.395 24873-24919/? E/Micloud: MiCloudServerException: 400 HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
11-14 11:21:29.399 24873-25024/? E/Micloud: MiCloudServerException: 400 HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Last edited:
We tried official global roms and issue is there too, am not sure for how long it is how it is, cause I was not in a need to restore, not until last week when I realized the issue is there.

For me, the backup issue started exactly with installing 8.9.20. Worked a few minutes before the update, didn't work just after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.