New Microphone Doesn't Work [redmi 4 Prime]

redmi4

Members
Dec 15, 2016
Hello,

my Redmi 4 Prime microphone doesn't work during calls or whatsapp calls, so the other person can't hear me. It seems like its deactivated.
When im using the sound record app the microphone is working very fine so i think it should be a software problem.

I tried:
- reset
- full wipe
- miui 8.0.6.0 to 8.1.2.0
- every xiaomi.eu up to 6.12.5
- check -> persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false

Hello,

my Redmi 4 Prime microphone doesn't work during calls or whatsapp calls, so the other person can't hear me. It seems like its deactivated.
When im using the sound record app the microphone is working very fine so i think it should be a software problem.

I tried:
- reset
- full wipe
- miui 8.0.6.0 to 8.1.2.0
- every xiaomi.eu up to 6.12.5
- check -> persist.audio.fluence.voicerec=false
Have you checked that whatsapp and InCallUi has microphone permissions?

Also have you tried CIT if microphone works there?
Tap 5 times on kernel version to get to CIT.

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Have you checked that whatsapp and InCallUi has microphone permissions?

Also have you tried CIT if microphone works there?
Tap 5 times on kernel version to get to CIT.

Permissions are given to this apps.
Yeah the loopback record works but it is really silent. :/

22. Call test? Sorry i cant find that
I can choose between: key, backlight, touchpad, tflash, bt, sim, vibration, rtc, speaker, eceiver, ehadset, led, fm, camera, battery, wlan, torch, loopback, lcd, gps, gsensor, gyro, proximity sensor, optical sensor, magnetic sensor, infrared, finger print

22. Call test? Sorry i cant find that
I can choose between: key, backlight, touchpad, tflash, bt, sim, vibration, rtc, speaker, eceiver, ehadset, led, fm, camera, battery, wlan, torch, loopback, lcd, gps, gsensor, gyro, proximity sensor, optical sensor, magnetic sensor, infrared, finger print
I got these:
6c31178df98a6909b73abe636f9f1c66.jpg

Lähetetty minun Redmi Note 3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I'm sorry. I don't have a solution for you. Hope it will get fixed on next weekly or revert back to previous one. ;)

Device: Kate & Cancro
Translator for Finnish language

No problem mate. I tried every previous version but the problem is always the same. (sound Recorder works fine, camera sound is fine...)

Hello,
I too have a problem with redmi 4 prime and microphone during phone calls.
During calls the other person says my voice is muffled, however the sound recorded by dictaphone or camera is 100% ok, checked with various sim cards and the problem remains.
I have 4 redmi 4 prime phones and the problem is only on one of them.

Last edited:
Hello,
I too have a problem with redmi 4 prime and microphone during phone calls.
During calls the other person says my voice is muffled, however the sound recorded by dictaphone or camera is 100% ok, checked with various sim cards and the problem remains.
I have 4 redmi 4 prime phones and the problem is only on one of them.
Try to flash the rom again wiping only cache and dalvik. See if it works for a solution.

Hello, Can some one help? I bought redmi 4 to my son, and try to put Finland as local, but there is none. . . and I think that´s why pokemon go is not working.. .?
Sari

Hello, Can some one help? I bought redmi 4 to my son, and try to put Finland as local, but there is none. . . and I think that´s why pokemon go is not working.. .?
Sari
Xiaomi.eu roms has Finnish. You are using official rom?

The language finnish I have there now, but from settings you have to input locale, and from the list the nearest to me is Germany. . . No Finland in the list.

Give me a screenshot of your About phone "tietoa laitteesta".
I want to know what is your MIUI version.

Like this:
7072e8a0732d6bd508e149efb97c7992.jpg

redmi
redmi4
6.0.1 mmb29m
2016-07-01
miui global 8.0 stable 8.0.4.0(LXKCNMA)
octa-core max 1,4 GHz
2.00Gt
5,99GB saatavilla 16,00GB
937_ GENNS_pack- 1.62647.1.63452.1
3.18.24-perf-gf141d02
MMB29M

You have the official version of MIUI, if you want Finnish, you need to install this community version (xiaomi.eu)

Hei, vielä piti kysyä että luuletko että se on syynä siihen ettei pokemon go peli toimi, vai olenko aivan väärässä?

Hei, vielä piti kysyä että luuletko että se on syynä siihen ettei pokemon go peli toimi, vai olenko aivan väärässä?
Kokeile vaikka laittaa puhelimen kieli ja locale enkuksi ja katso asetuksista pokemom pelin käyttöoikeudet, että kaikki on siellä sallittuna. Mikä pelissä on siis tarkalleen ongelma?

P.s. ensi kerralla tee oma threadi aiheesta, on vähän väärä paikka näille asioille ja puhutaan englantia että muutkin ymmärtävät. ;)

I have the same problem on Redmi Note 3 Pro after a year and a half of usage.
The default microphone is broken but the one for voice recording and conference call works 'cause they are two different mics. It looks like a hardware problem so far, factory reset did not help