Microphone / Noise cancellation issue in call

Winger300

Members
Apr 28, 2020
Recently bought a Mi Note 10, we have a problem with the noise cancellation in Calls, and Voip apps like What's app and Zoom.

Testing the mic in CIT is fine, and recording in Videos is ok, but in calls I find the noise cancellation filters out a lot of frequencies.

e.g. trying to play Piano over Whats app, only the middle range of notes can be heard. High and Low notes are filtered out.

Is there some way to disable the noise cancellation while using these apps? It's obviously not a hardware issue as the sound is fine on recorded videos.

Reactions: hypodark
I am having exactly the same issue, i find it really strange that no one else is having these problems, I am going to change my phone if i cannot get this issue resolved.

Have you figured this out? I have a problem with sound noise cancellation, as my name includes "shh" sound and the other party can never hear my name, even after several repeats.

same, i lower my voice volume when talking with someone via call in bedroom but the mic cant detect my voice due to the noise cancellation system, so i need to talk with loud voice in a confined room and i feels very uncomfortable with that. i want an option to disable or enable the noise cancellation for built-in phone microphone!