MI10T Microphone issue solved

Nokk_

Members
Feb 4, 2024
I had an issue with my phone and more precisely my microphone. When talking on the phone people on the other side of the call could hear wind, tree branches and what not, so basically they could barely hear me and that caused a real problem. I searched everywhere for a solution to this problem, but apart from a lot of people having the same problem as me none had found a solution. At first I thought the problem had to do something with the speaker or with the microphone itself, but it turned out that wasn't the deal.

How to fix the problem:
If you put pressure with your finger on the back of the phone at the area on the right corner below the cameras the "wind" dissapears. If you get tired from the holding your finger everytime you speak there is only one solution. To permanently remove the weird sounds when speaking you first have to open the back cover of the phone and after opening it you need to put some kind of an insulating material with a thickness around 2-3mm and it has to be soft on the NFC part ( shown on the picture below). After doing this my issue with the blowing wind was gone.

If this solution worked for you and you feel satisfied you could show me some support.
paypal.me/nokk1251

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2024.02.04 - 16.39.34.07.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2024.02.04 - 16.39.34.07.png
    300.2 KB · Views: 435
I had an issue with my phone and more precisely my microphone. When talking on the phone people on the other side of the call could hear wind, tree branches and what not, so basically they could barely hear me and that caused a real problem. I searched everywhere for a solution to this problem, but apart from a lot of people having the same problem as me none had found a solution. At first I thought the problem had to do something with the speaker or with the microphone itself, but it turned out that wasn't the deal.

How to fix the problem:
If you put pressure with your finger on the back of the phone at the area on the right corner below the cameras the "wind" dissapears. If you get tired from the holding your finger everytime you speak there is only one solution. To permanently remove the weird sounds when speaking you first have to open the back cover of the phone and after opening it you need to put some kind of an insulating material with a thickness around 2-3mm and it has to be soft on the NFC part ( shown on the picture below). After doing this my issue with the blowing wind was gone.

If this solution worked for you and you feel satisfied you could show me some support.
paypal.me/nokk1251
Hi! I have your same problem and tried multiple times with this pressure system and I think you have found the solution! Now do you have some issues with the payments after insulating the NFC? What kind of material did you use? Could you please evidence me in the photo where did you put the insulating material? I cannot find the spot. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

How to fix the problem:

paypal.me/nokk1251
This method is effective for my Mi 10T pro. My phone is revived and can be used again! Thank you, I specially registered an account so that I can express my gratitude!

Reactions: Zollolo19

How to fix the problem:

paypal.me/nokk1251
I solved my issue by removing a screw off the camera lens cap.
When I unscrewed it just a bit the "wind noise" stopped, but the screw wasn't in all the way, it wasn't holding the cap anyway, so I took it out.
Maybe the screw itself was making contact with electrical components underneath??...
Look in the attached pic.
Was worried that additional material could detach back cover because of the pressure...so I left it empty.

BTW my phone fell many times over the 3 years of use, so maybe the board shifted because of fall damage, who knows...

Thank you Nokk_
Let me know if you have received my support.

Attachments

• viber_image_2024-04-02_22-05-08-653.jpg
    viber_image_2024-04-02_22-05-08-653.jpg
    604.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited: