Microsd bug

Sakat

Members
Feb 1, 2013
Hey there,

I finally came to problem with the mipad. Sometimes when try to copy files from my computer to the Mipad through the ftp function, it just doesn't let me copy anything. At first I was thinking it was a problem of configuration on my ftp client. But then I noticed that utorrent and some YouTube video downloader sometimes also fail to copy directly on my sdcard. When I then change the destination folder for the internal memory it just starts downloading without any problem.

Does anyone has noticed the same issue?

Cheers,

Sakat

This is normal' android 4.4 behavior...

Writing to sdcard is limited in android itself, it's not mipad specific. If you have root you can download the 'NextApp SDFix' app from the play store, this will edit the system/etc/permissions/platform.xml file to allow writing to sd.

What needs to be write in platform.xml? We can do this in our releases.

Wysłane z MI4 W

What needs to be write in platform.xml? We can do this in our releases.

Wysłane z MI4 W

Oh, that would be very nice! :)

The file which needs to be edited is:

/system/etc/permissions/platform.xml

add <group gid="media_rw" /> in the following location, like below:

<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
<group gid="sdcard_r" />
<group gid="sdcard_rw" />
<group gid="media_rw" />
</permission>

This is normal' android 4.4 behavior...

Writing to sdcard is limited in android itself, it's not mipad specific. If you have root you can download the 'NextApp SDFix' app from the play store, this will edit the system/etc/permissions/platform.xml file to allow writing to sd.

But why sometimes it works and sometimes not? I've just been able to copy two folders of Jpeg and MP4 directly to the Sdcard without problem this time... Same FTP software, same wifi, same settings. Nothing changed.

But... We already fixed that.
Our 22 release contains above fix.

Wysłane z MI4 W

Reactions: mblowt