Mija Thermometer + Mi Smart Home Hub lost connection

miket2000

Members
Nov 26, 2022
Hi Guys,

I have multiple Mi Smart Home Hubs with paired Mija Thermometer and Humidity sensors. For some time everything worked fine and I was able to monitor temperature remotely and had configured scenes.

Two days ago I lost access to all thermometers via internet. I am able to access them with bluetooth and they are seen by hub, but I cannot connect to them remotely (screenshots attached).

I tried many options and only repairing thermometers with my Xiaomii Home app solves the issue. But to do that I have to visit every location where the sensors are located.

Any ideas what caused that issue? And how to avoid it in the future?

Attachments

• IMG-1596.PNG
    IMG-1596.PNG
    910.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG-1597.PNG
    IMG-1597.PNG
    269.7 KB · Views: 251
Same problem here which also started few days ago.
When I am at the actual location where my thermometers are attached to the hub AND in their bluetooth range, they can connect and show their value to the app. If I try to check them remotely, they don't work.

The problem is that Xiaomi home app always (since last few days, that is) tries to connect with Temp&Hum2 sensors via phone's bluetooth, not via the internet to the hub to which the sensors are attached to, and that naturally doesn't work if you're checking them from another city away. I tried disabling the phone's bluetooth to try to force the app to use internet for connection, but that doesn't work.

This is all from IOS Xiaomi Home App. Whether they messed the last version of the app or some of their server programming, I don't know, but the problem is on their end.

my problem seems solved. I deleted all the sensors in the mi home app, also did a reset in each one, then added them all again. The sensors did not started to work in the moment, but after an hour, they seem fine.

Reactions: nasosmitro
my problem seems solved. I deleted all the sensors in the mi home app, also did a reset in each one, then added them all again. The sensors did not started to work in the moment, but after an hour, they seem fine.
They work even if you are accessing them remotely, out of their bluetooth range?

Hi,
I have this same problem. I am from Hungary
I have
phone: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite, 12.0.10.0 (QFCEUX), ANDROID 10QKQ1.190828.002,
app: Mi Home 7.12.702.7453
HUB: Mi Smart Home Hub 1.5.4_0090
Sensor: Mi temperature and Humidity Monitor 2, Hardware B1.4, Firmware 1..0.0_0130
Router: ZTE_8AB520
The phone is connected by bluetooth with sensor without problem, working good.
The hub is connected with router.
I can’t connect sensor with hub.
What can I do?

Which region?
Thanks

Yes, in Europe. I didn’t do anything. It just started to connet to the sensors on two different remote locations, just like it was until several days ago.

Hello I own 2 Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth Temperature and Humidity Monitor v. 2 which is bluetooth as you know, and I was hoping that the Xiaomi Gateway 3 would work with it. please confirm this for me. Thanks

Hi all, I am having this exact same problem. I have 3 Mi Bluetooth Temperature and Humidity Monitors, plus the Xiaomi Gateway 3. At some point in the past, I was able to view the humidity sensor data remotely, but now it only works via Bluetooth.I can see the thermometers as bluetooth child devices on the gateway, but if I turn off my phone's bluetooth then it will not show their data. I have tried with my region both as United Kingdom, and China Mainland - same problem.

Has anyone had any luck fixing this? If not, my gateway and sensors are now totally useless and I will need to purchase a different system.