Invalid Missing GPU settings in Game Turbo in new weekly update.

Andreasgbr

Members
May 30, 2022
Hi,yesterday I installed latest weekly ROM with TWRP,all was good thanks to devs.But when I want to change Gpu performance mode in game turbo,GPU settings was missing.It's that a bug?My phone it's a POCO F3 and this settings was available in stable 13.0.6.

Looks like Xiaomi intentionally disabled it by a remote configuration data.
It's still officially enabled on Xiaomi 12 Stable ROM, for instance.
The only workaround I can think of right now is by overriding this with root access and ADB or a terminal emulator:
Code:
su
settings put global GPUTUNER_SWITCH true
This is only a temporary workaround, until the remote config gets auto-updated (i.e. after a reboot).

No idea why they have done it, but their remote config is out of our control. Marking this as not a bug.

Reactions: JiaiJ
The only workaround I can think of right now is by overriding this with root access and ADB or a terminal emulator:
Code:
su
This is only a temporary workaround, until the remote config gets auto-updated (i.e. after a reboot).

No idea why they have done it, but their remote config is out of our control. Marking this as not a bug.
Hi... Can I use this code in ADB even without root?

Last edited by a moderator:
I said "with root access", which means with root access.
You can try enabling "USB debugging (Security settings)" before connecting the phone, it might allow you to use the command without root, but sometimes it might fail with a "Permission denial" error.

You can use any ADB connection (either via USB or via wireless ADB (even locally connecting using LADB, termux + android-tools adb, etc)), this is only a key in the global setting table. You can use device_config instead of setting command, too. I guess even SetEdit can do it for you.

GPU modes Default,Balanced,Battery saver and custom
I don't know if is this the settings that you're looking for but still available on my Poco F3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-22-17-05-47-332_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-22-17-05-47-332_com.miui.securityadd.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 427
Reactions: Jacometto
Code:
su

I have marked the parameter in this line, but nothing has changed...

Hi,yesterday I installed latest weekly ROM with TWRP,all was good thanks to devs.But when I want to change Gpu performance mode in game turbo,GPU settings was missing.It's that a bug?My phone it's a POCO F3 and this settings was available in stable 13.0.6.
have you solved the problem?