F4 - friendly reminder - stay away from the newly updated Stable build from 2023-12-04

PavelCzechRep

Members
Dec 5, 2019
Hi,

there has been a huge update of all ROMs due to Google Pay integrity issues. First of all, thanks to the community here for addressing that issue that quickly, great job!

On the other hand, it seems that ROMs were probably not well-tested when the Stable ROM rebuild was done and uploaded on 2023-12-04. One of my phone Poco F4 stuck at Fastboot after installing "xiaomi.eu_multi_MUNCH_V14.0.7.0.TLMCNXM_v14-13.zip". I have updated TWRP to the latest version and haven't received any errors during installation, but the phone simply stucks on Fastboot. Luckily the TWRP works after installation.

Therefore I strongly suggest everyone stay away from this Stable build until the problem is fixed!

Since all the previous Stable ROM versions have been deleted, the solution for me was to download and install through TWRP the latest Xiaomi.eu weekly build (xiaomi.eu_multi_MUNCH_V14.0.23.9.18.DEV_v14-13.zip) available for Poco F4 I have found on the mirror share on the internet. The phone boots to the system normally then which is evidence that there is a bug in Stable ROM V14.0.7.0.TLMCNXM. The only downside is that now I have to stay with Weekly ROMs due to a higher version of the system than Stable.

P.S.: suggestion for the community - it would be wise not to delete the older versions of ROMs. Having only one version increases the risk of failure if there is a bug and the user can not do roll back.

Regards
Pavel

Last edited:
ROM is OK.. probably some glitch with your USB connection during installation..

Well the ROM was downloaded directly to the device from internet no USB connection was used. Also during installation, there was no error, and the installation process in TWRP ended successfully. But the phone did not boot and ended up in Fastboot. With weekly ROM on the other hand with the same process, it was a success.

Hi,

there has been a huge update of all ROMs due to Google Pay integrity issues. First of all, thanks to the community here for addressing that issue that quickly, great job!

On the other hand, it seems that ROMs were probably not well-tested when the Stable ROM rebuild was done and uploaded on 2023-12-04. One of my phone Poco F4 stuck at Fastboot after installing "xiaomi.eu_multi_MUNCH_V14.0.7.0.TLMCNXM_v14-13.zip". I have updated TWRP to the latest version and haven't received any errors during installation, but the phone simply stucks on Fastboot. Luckily the TWRP works after installation.

Therefore I strongly suggest everyone stay away from this Stable build until the problem is fixed!

Since all the previous Stable ROM versions have been deleted, the solution for me was to download and install through TWRP the latest Xiaomi.eu weekly build (xiaomi.eu_multi_MUNCH_V14.0.23.9.18.DEV_v14-13.zip) available for Poco F4 I have found on the mirror share on the internet. The phone boots to the system normally then which is evidence that there is a bug in Stable ROM V14.0.7.0.TLMCNXM. The only downside is that now I have to stay with Weekly ROMs due to a higher version of the system than Stable.

P.S.: suggestion for the community - it would be wise not to delete the older versions of ROMs. Having only one version increases the risk of failure if there is a bug and the user can not do roll back.

Regards
Pavel
i also have problem with the latest repacked stable build on my xiaomi 13 ultra, the wired headphone is not recognised when connected to the phone, but it works on the weekly Rom

Yes I also have the same Mi apps not updating issue on my Redmi K30 pro. Also as if my speaker is also softer since the latest update (2023-12-04).