Missing notification LED... solutions?

Beriol

Members
Nov 21, 2020
I just bought a Redmi 9 (I know this is a subsection for the Redmi Note, but I didn't find a section for my smartphone and I know that the Note should have the same problem), but I discovered that it doesn't have a notification LED.

It's really annoying not being able to see if the phone has notification just by looking at it. Are there solutions to this?

I tried the Always On Edge app (this one) and it does the trick, but unfortunately, not having an AMOLED display makes it drain too much battery for me...

Are there other solutions that don't kill the battery too much? How do you usually become aware of unread notification?

I just bought a Redmi 9 (I know this is a subsection for the Redmi Note, but I didn't find a section for my smartphone and I know that the Note should have the same problem), but I discovered that it doesn't have a notification LED.

It's really annoying not being able to see if the phone has notification just by looking at it. Are there solutions to this?

I tried the Always On Edge app (this one) and it does the trick, but unfortunately, not having an AMOLED display makes it drain too much battery for me...

Are there other solutions that don't kill the battery too much? How do you usually become aware of unread notification?
Redmi9 Mediatek hardware is not supported here at Xiaomi EU custom rom.
Ask Xiaomi central.
sorry.

Redmi9 Mediatek hardware is not supported here at Xiaomi EU custom rom.
Ask Xiaomi central.
sorry.

Ok sorry, but still, it's not an issue strictly related to the Redmi 9. The Note 9S has the exact problem... can't we pretend I've got that phone and still talk about the issue?

Ok sorry, but still, it's not an issue strictly related to the Redmi 9. The Note 9S has the exact problem... can't we pretend I've got that phone and still talk about the issue?
Redmi note 9s doesn't have notification led problem.

My REDMI Note 9 S HAS a led. May be only this one....lol

There arent much good alternatives if your phone doesn't got an amoled Display as aod takes too much battery as you already figured out.
I used this App in the past to receive a blink effect on my flashlight
Maybe that could be a help for you.
Btw on my note 9 pro I got the LED aswell.
Best regards

There arent much good alternatives if your phone doesn't got an amoled Display as aod takes too much battery as you already figured out.
I used this App in the past to receive a blink effect on my flashlight
Maybe that could be a help for you.
Btw on my note 9 pro I got the LED aswell.
Best regards

Thanks a lot, I'll check that out!

i have a redmi note 9 pro eu, with the latest rom 12.0.4 RJZMIXM and the notification led not works. i tried test it with CIT, and some apps to test the phone. any solution? thanks.

i have a redmi note 9 pro eu, with the latest rom 12.0.4 RJZMIXM and the notification led not works. i tried test it with CIT, and some apps to test the phone. any solution? thanks.

Service centre.. if it can't be forced to light up with the factory tests (CIT) I advise you to go and get it repaired. It's broken.

Reactions: elbanzai
I do not know, that's the truth. I have installed the rom here, from xiaomi.eu, which I think is wonderful. I have installed the latest version (12.0.4 RJZMIXM)
recovery I use orangefox 11.1
the kernel that appears on my phone is 4.14.180-perf-g3a35bde
I don't know if this rom uses some kind of custom kernel.
the phone is rooted and i use some lsposed modules.

Last edited:
I do not know, that's the truth. I have installed the rom here, from xiaomi.eu, which I think is wonderful. I have installed the latest version (12.0.4 RJZMIXM)
recovery I use orangefox 11.1
the kernel that appears on my phone is 4.14.180-perf-g3a35bde
I don't know if this rom uses some kind of custom kernel.
the phone is rooted and i use some lsposed modules.
Well you haven't flashed a different one, so you're still on stock.

Custom kernels need to be flashed manually and current versions commonly come with a disclaimer, (bug), about the notification light when used with MIUI.

Reactions: elbanzai
Fixed!

It was just dirt, I blew it with an air compressor carefully and now it works. I am writing it here in case it can help someone else. Thank you all for your time.