Missing "permission setting" for Google Play store on Redmi k30 5G(Chinese ROM) after updating to MIUI 12.5

Noeway

Members
Aug 28, 2021
I'm currently trying to add payment method on Play store with mobile billing. The problem is I need SMS permission to send verification SMS for adding payment method. So without the SMS permission, Im getting "account verification SMS could not be sent" error.

Since MIUI 12.5 update, the permission setting option for Google play store and play service are gone. Now there is only notification and data usage setting left under permission section.

I've only got one sim card installed so it is not dual sim error either. So it would be great if there is any work around so I could enable sms permission for Google Play store.

Have you tried checking the permissions in Google play services?
same as the play store. there is only "Notification" and "Restrict data usage" setting under permission section for play service. the strange thing is i used to be able to make play store to send sms by manually permitting the sms permission. but all off the setting including that one is basically gone after miui 12.5 update with ''Basic google services" under the "account & sync" setting.

A known workaround is to "uninstall app updates" for Google Play Store (and Services?) in phone's settings then try to add a payment method. ;)

A known workaround is to "uninstall app updates" for Google Play Store (and Services?) in phone's settings then try to add a payment method. ;)
Sorry, I just did that.
. And I did with the combination of uninstalling update on either one of them or both.
- uninstalling the update on Google play store will immediately remove the app from app gallery and app setting. It can only be restored by going to miui "GetApps" app and "Update" the play store app from there. I used the word "Update" because since MIUI 12.5 there is no way to uninstall the google play store and play service anymore. Also uninstalling update from play service will cause the app to crash.

Sorry, I just did that.
. And I did with the combination of uninstalling update on either one of them or both.
- uninstalling the update on Google play store will immediately remove the app from app gallery and app setting. It can only be restored by going to miui "GetApps" app and "Update" the play store app from there. I used the word "Update" because since MIUI 12.5 there is no way to uninstall the google play store and play service anymore. Also uninstalling update from play service will cause the app to crash.
I didn't see you don't use a Xiaomi.eu ROM. I don't have idea to help you. :(