Resolved Miui 10 region problem

Nİgar

Members
Jan 29, 2019
Can't change region because in settings not region settings. And in the theme manager photos for china style. İn photos i cannot searching. Please help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-03-12-08-48-361_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-03-12-08-48-361_com.android.settings.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,549
  • Screenshot_2019-02-03-12-09-03-841_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-03-12-09-03-841_com.android.settings.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,463
  • Screenshot_2019-02-03-12-10-51-461_com.android.thememanager.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-03-12-10-51-461_com.android.thememanager.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,140
  • Screenshot_2019-02-03-12-11-11-602_com.android.thememanager.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-03-12-11-11-602_com.android.thememanager.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,183
Both of your "issues" are not bugs. There is no "Region" setting in EU ROMs. You can't, and don't need to, change the MIUI region.
We use the China channel for Wallpapers, which is better than the Indian channel, and we auto-translate the texts. That's by design.
As for the search feature - that will be investigated.

EDIT: Search issue has been fixed for the upcoming release.

Reactions: kezzuki and Nİgar
Both of your "issues" are not bugs. There is no "Region" setting in EU ROMs. You can't, and don't need to, change the MIUI region.
We use the China channel for Wallpapers, which is better than the Indian channel, and we auto-translate the texts. That's by design.
As for the search feature - that will be investigated.

EDIT: Search issue has been fixed for the upcoming release.

im on the latest miui 12 on redmik20/mi9t and i cant use 5GHz hotspot , "its not availble in your country"

im on the latest miui 12 on redmik20/mi9t and i cant use 5GHz hotspot , "its not availble in your country"
Get ADB on your PC and make sure USB debugging is enabled in Developer options.
While the device is connected to the PC, run this:
Code:
adb logcat -s QCSDK
Then try to enable 5GHz hotspot, and the log will fill with info, look at the bottom of that output for a value "country_code=XX". XX = the country code used for hotspot. Write that country code here.

Reactions: alimataei
Get ADB on your PC and make sure USB debugging is enabled in Developer options.
While the device is connected to the PC, run this:
Code:
adb logcat -s QCSDK
Then try to enable 5GHz hotspot, and the log will fill with info, look at the bottom of that output for a value "country_code=XX". XX = the country code used for hotspot. Write that country code here.
trying to turn on 5GHz hotspot write nothing in logcat but after turning the 2.5GHz hotspot this is the output country code, and yes im currently in IR but how does it determine it after clean install before putting any sim cards or connecting to any wifi

btw it used to work fine on original miui 10 , because it asks for region after clean install and i used to set it to france

CMD INPUT [ set country_code=IR][256]
Updated:country_code=IR

Last edited:
trying to turn on 5GHz hotspot write nothing in logcat but after turning the 2.5GHz hotspot this is the output country code, and yes im currently in IR but how does it determine it after clean install before putting any sim cards or connecting to any wifi
I don't know. Magic.
btw it used to work fine on original miui 10 , because it asks for region after clean install and i used to set it to france
What was in MIUI 10 is Irrelevant. Xiaomi updates the firmware and adds new regulations.
Which means that 5GHz is now more strictly regulated in Iran, or at least Xiaomi decided so. Which ROM are you currently using?

Reactions: alimataei
I don't know. Magic.

What was in MIUI 10 is Irrelevant. Xiaomi updates the firmware and adds new regulations.

Which means that 5GHz is now more strictly regulated in Iran, or at least Xiaomi decided so. Which ROM are you currently using?

well how can i spoof as another region ?
i tried to modify "hostapd" changing IR to FR well it didnt do anything
MIUI 12.0 20.5.14

Last edited:

The phone will make a 3G connection with any available operator even without a sim card.
That's for emergency calling, and is probably how the country is determined.

Did you try enabling 5G wifi without having a sim card? To use as a repeater?

I have 2 Huawei pocket routers that do not allow 5G wifi while roaming, I think I recall that one did not allow 5G wifi when I tried to use it as a repeater / WiFi extender without a sim card.

Yes, new tougher regulations probably.

The phone will make a 3G connection with any available operator even without a sim card.
That's for emergency calling, and is probably how the country is determined.

Did you try enabling 5G wifi without having a sim card? To use as a repeater?

I have 2 Huawei pocket routers that do not allow 5G wifi while roaming, I think I recall that one did not allow 5G wifi when I tried to use it as a repeater / WiFi extender without a sim card.

Yes, new tougher regulations probably.
well there should be methodes to spoof my country its android and i have root access

well there should be methodes to spoof my country its android and i have root access

Probably, but I don't know how.

It depends I suppose on how MIUI is determining your country, they could make it quite difficult if they want to I'm sure.

thanks bru , it does work, really appreciate it

Cmd: country_code Argument :FR
cmd=country_code, Val:FR, INI:0

1. Copy this file to your device: https://drive.google.com/u/0/uc?id=1Tm1eMDWINO9rlMVHNTJ-emREo7L-Eyyh&export=download
2. Mount System partition in TWRP.
3. Using TWRP's File Manager, move that file to /system/system/framework (you will replace the existing file)
4. Reboot to system

Let me know if it helped.

This bug apears again after android 11 update but turning on 5Ghz hotspot doesnt gives any errors but it simply makes a typical 2.4Ghz hotspot My region is australia but doesnt work after changing it too

should i replace this file on android 11 too ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-19 121235.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-19 121235.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 286
This bug apears again after android 11 update but turning on 5Ghz hotspot doesnt gives any errors but it simply makes a typical 2.4Ghz hotspot My region is australia but doesnt work after changing it too

should i replace this file on android 11 too ?
This file is absolutely irrelevant for Android 11, it's not even used.
There is no way to change WiFi region on Android 11 due to WiFi service code being relocated to uniquely signed APEX files.

well whats the solution then ?
I just told you that there is no solution. Both 2.4GH and 5GHz hotspot behavior is managed by the system and it's region-based. We don't have any influence on the matter, at least since Android 11.

I just told you that there is no solution. Both 2.4GH and 5GHz hotspot behavior is managed by the system and it's region-based. We don't have any influence on the matter, at least since Android 11.
how does it even detect my region after full flash without connecting to any network cellular/wifi?
i flashed custom AOSP roms and the problem presists

how does it even detect my region after full flash without connecting to any network cellular/wifi?
i flashed custom AOSP roms and the problem presists

Even without any sim card the phone will make and maintain a 3G / HSPA+ connection to a random operator.
This is for emergency calling.

You an see it in the app Netmonster, for example.

I would guess, but don't know for sure, that is how it determines location.

You can disable this by putting the phone in "airplane mode", or possibly turning off the cell radio power in Netmonster.

But how to do that on a new phone or after a factory reset without turning on the phone first?
In a Faraday cage?

Last edited:
Even without any sim card the phone will make and maintain a 3G / HSPA+ connection to a random operator.
This is for emergency calling.

You an see it in the app Netmonster, for example.

I would guess, but don't know for sure, that is how it determines location.

You can disable this by putting the phone in "airplane mode", or possibly turning off the cell radio power in Netmonster.

But how to do that on a new phone or after a factory reset without turning on the phone first?
In a Faraday cage?
well seems a good idea to test but idont think we can format all partitions from recovery. vendor,.... that is how xiaomi knows you didnt log out from your previous account after formatting all partitions in recovery