MIUI 10 Stable ROM - Frequency of updates & OTA support

dariusmk

Members
Dec 15, 2018
Hi there,

I've just flashed MIUI 10.2.1.0 stable on my Mi Max 3.

Since I've never used xiaomi.eu custom roms I would appreciate it if someone could help me with the following questions:

- On which basis are updates of MIUI stable rom released (weekly, monthly...)?
- Are the latest Google security patches included in an update (I guess not because the patch level of the rom I downloaded is November 2018 despite of the fact that it was uploaded on 4 January 2019)?
- Do I have to check manually for an update or will I be informed as soon as there is an update available?
- Do I have to download an flash an update manually with twrp or is ota support available?

Regards,
dariusmk

EDIT: Found answers to my questions 1 and 3 in this thread: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/help-regarding-weekly-ota-manual-updates.48742/

Last edited:
Reactions: iamme729
Q2: Xiaomi China is a little lazy about implementing the security patches. Sometimes they are up to date, sometimes month behind. The devs here can't do anything about it.
Q4: See the installation guide in every first post of the weekly threads or in stable thread. It's up to you how you install the update - you can download ota through updater app or you can download manually and install through updater app (three dots > select package) or through TWRP. Through updater app wipe cache and dalvik cache is done automatically, otherwise do it manually in TWRP (I do this wipe always a second time after first boot). When an update of Android base is to be done, a clean flash with additional wipe of data is necessary. A backup in TWRP before flashing is always recommended.

Reactions: dariusmk