New [Miui-10v8.9.20] Xiaomi Mi8 don't have the "Never" Option for the Sleep mode under Lockscreen and Password anymore.

Volubal

Members
Oct 3, 2018
Hi,

I'm using the version 8.9.20 | Beta from Miui 10 on my Xiaomi Mi 8 smartphone and I have a missing feature.

In the option, on Lock screen & Password under the Sleep parameter, I don't have the "Never" option anymore (I use the French language, but it's the same with the English one) :

Screenshot_2018-10-03-21-53-01-356_com.android.settings.png

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A, with the v8.9.20 too, who still have this feature :

Screenshot_2018-10-04-18-55-44-128_com.android.settings.png

Is there a way to bring it back or I need to wait for the next update? In the meantime, I use application such as KeepScreen to keep the screen awake.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Hi,

I'm using the version 8.9.20 | Beta from Miui 10 on my Xiaomi Mi 8 smartphone and I have a missing feature.

In the option, on Lock screen & Password under the Sleep parameter, I don't have the "Never" option anymore (I use the French language, but it's the same with the English one) :

View attachment 21152

I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A, with the v8.9.20 too, who still have this feature :

View attachment 21153

Is there a way to bring it back or I need to wait for the next update? In the meantime, I use application such as KeepScreen to keep the screen awake.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,
It is very unlikely that you'll get the "Never" option again. It's now being explicitly removed (by Android or Xiaomi) for devices with an OLED screen. Probably has to do with preventing screen burn-ins.

Reactions: cobben
It is very unlikely that you'll get the "Never" option again. It's now being explicitly removed (by Android or Xiaomi) for devices with an OLED screen. Probably has to do with preventing screen burn-ins.

Well, so since is not built in anymore, I use a third party software (Stay Alive!). It's funny because when you do other thing, you have many Warning message, but here they simply remove the option instead of saying "enabling this option can harm your screen".

Well, so since is not built in anymore, I use a third party software (Stay Alive!). It's funny because when you do other thing, you have many Warning message, but here they simply remove the option instead of saying "enabling this option can harm your screen".
People ignore warnings. I would have done the same. I bet they want no responsibility for this.

Reactions: Volubal