miui 11.1 - 9.11.7

Speedymatze

Members
Oct 30, 2019
TWRP does not ask for patterns after the update from miui 11.1 - 9.10.24 to miui 11.1 - 9.11.7 when starting, so the files remain encrypted.
How can I trigger the pattern query?

Reactions: julian vega
Is there a version I should install? Where can I find it?
If it is for trial, you can install 9.10.17 weekly. It encrypts perfectly without issue.
That's not the case of this latest version!
Anyway, no hurry, it is better to wait for new twrp.
Edit: I see you got 9.10.24 installed and working. so forget my direction.

Only TWRP does not ask for patterns after the update from miui 11.1 - 9.10.24 to miui 11.1 - 9.11.7 when starting.
And I don't know how and which TWRP to install so I'll be asked again for the pattern to decrypt the data.

Hi,
I had the same issue, the only way I could fix it was to format all. Do a Clean install. Then next time you enter TWRP no password asked and no encryption.. I was good to go installing Magisk.

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

Hi,
I had the same issue, the only way I could fix it was to format all. Do a Clean install. Then next time you enter TWRP no password asked and no encryption.. I was good to go installing Magisk.

I don't want to format Data AND lose encryption too... Don't know what to do. :(

Hi,

just to comment (gossip!):
That's strange because in this latest 9.11.7 rom release fstab is set as "encrypted" '('checked it)
What you did is a good trial but not sure you don't have some part of the root in encrypted state as I found it .
I was able to flash magisk the same, but issue remains.
please can check what encrypted status you get in the settings/privacy tab.if you are OK it should be at "non encrypted state". Right?
just curious...