MIUI 11 - Does it fix the notification icons disappearing from the status bar issue

briggers

Members
Jul 24, 2015
MIUI 10 had this horrible bug where notifications icons would disappear from the status bar. To view notifications we had to pull down the notification shade.
See this xda article for more details about the issue

Has it been fixed on MIUI 11?

Reactions: Mohammed-Ram
I took the plunge and installed MIUI 11 from xiaomi.eu.

The bug I mentioned above is fixed. Notification icons continue to remain in the status bar after they first appear.

But there is another bug that has not been fixed. Notifications can been seen on the lockscreen the first time they appear. But after unlocking and then returning to the lockscreen, the notifications aren't shown anymore (but they are still in the status bar).

Reactions: Mohammed-Ram

The bug I mentioned above is fixed. Notification icons continue to remain in the status bar after they first appear.

But there is another bug that has not been fixed. Notifications can been seen on the lockscreen the first time they appear. But after unlocking and then returning to the lockscreen, the notifications aren't shown anymore (but they are still in the status bar).
How did you install it? I'm afraid that if I flash it I will lose my data. I'm still on EU rom 9.7.25
What can you advice? Thanks!

How did you install it? I'm afraid that if I flash it I will lose my data. I'm still on EU rom 9.7.25
What can you advice? Thanks!

I was coming from Lineage OS so I did a clean install. I followed the instructions on the ROM download forum page.

I have gone back to to Lineage OS. The bug mentioned above is a blocker for me.

Reactions: martquz
MIUI 10 had this horrible bug where notifications icons would disappear from the status bar. To view notifications we had to pull down the notification shade.
See this xda article for more details about the issue

Has it been fixed on MIUI 11?

Not fixed in my case (Note 7 - Miui 11 | 9.9.2.6).
Still no notifications icons... (not even the ones which disappeared after one second)

EDIT: forgot to enable notifications...

Last edited:

Is that a weekly or a stable rom? I don't really want to flash a weekly rom and then having to format data :/

This was always the case for me, on any MiUI phone.

Thanks.

Hello guys. I'm currently on global and I'm having problems with lockscreen notifications. Although it's all set up perfectly I can't see the content of notifications and also Instagram notifications don't arrive in lockscreen. Can you tell me if this has been resolved in xiaomi.eu?

What bug !?
That u will loose ur data ?
Copy ur internal files to pc or ext sd and ur ok.

I meant the bug where notifications aren't shown.

Is that a weekly or a stable rom? I don't really want to flash a weekly rom and then having to format data :/

MIUI 11 stable hasn't been released yet. So they're all weekly ROMs.

This was always the case for me, on any MiUI phone.

Thanks.

My understanding is that is only happens on phones with notches. I didn't have this issue on my Mi Max 2, nor on the Redmi Note 5

Hello guys. I'm currently on global and I'm having problems with lockscreen notifications. Although it's all set up perfectly I can't see the content of notifications and also Instagram notifications don't arrive in lockscreen. Can you tell me if this has been resolved in xiaomi.eu?

There's a setting whether to show lock screen notifications. You'll need to enable that if it isn't already. You may also need to give each permission to display on the lock screen.
Finally, if there's a notification on your lock screen, and then you unlock and relock your phone , then the notification wont be shown on the lock screen.

MIUI 11 stable hasn't been released yet. So they're all weekly ROMs.

The EU stable is already out ;)

My understanding is that is only happens on phones with notches. I didn't have this issue on my Mi Max 2, nor on the Redmi Note 5

Notifications on the lockscreen on my RedMi 4 Prime (not Global) with EU Stable MM rom worked that way and still does on my RN7 (Global) on EU Stable Pie rom. Don't know why it's so, but :)
Don't remember if my H60L02 worked that way too.

The EU stable is already out ;)

Ah yes, I missed that. I really like MIUI but not being able to reliably see notifications is deal breaker for me.

Notifications on the lockscreen on my RedMi 4 Prime (not Global) with EU Stable MM rom worked that way and still does on my RN7 (Global) on EU Stable Pie rom. Don't know why it's so, but :)
Don't remember if my H60L02 worked that way too.

Notifications worked well up to MIUI 9. The notifications in MIUI 10 and 11 have been very problematic for me.

Notifications worked well up to MIUI 9. The notifications in MIUI 10 and 11 have been very problematic for me.
Sorry. I'm waiting for the Chinese Stable rom to at least bring back the notifications icons on the status bar, or some options, but I'm quite used to view nothing on the locked phone by now.

I had Mi 9 with MIUI 10, notch and no bug. Since an update to MIUI 11 I have this bug. I hope for a hotfix daily.