Miui 11 on mi a2 converted to mi6x

elisel

Members
May 26, 2019
Hello
I have a mi a2 converted to mi6x using miui 10, I want to upgrade to miui 11 but I am afraid to brick my phone.. so I am asking if someone who have a mi a2 converted to mi6x and Updated to miui 11 to help me.
Thank you

Hello
I have a mi a2 converted to mi6x using miui 10, I want to upgrade to miui 11 but I am afraid to brick my phone.. so I am asking if someone who have a mi a2 converted to mi6x and Updated to miui 11 to help me.
Thank you
Every week I do flash weekly roms, no problem,
Just follow guide lines

Still need some help..
There is no 100% secure way to do that, but every days many people do that and the majority just experience fun,

Its up to u to decide dive in or keep yourself away from getting wet.

There is some risks to manage to brick your phone ( and even so that , there will be plenty ways to recover it. most of the times! ) but the chance of failure won't be very high if you stick with the guidelines.

So in my opinion you do not need help but courage. :)

BTW, I have upgraded my phone from 10 to the 11 beta, then 11 beta to 11 Stable , then 11 Stable back to 11 beta,

And the phone of my mum, from 10 beta to 11 beta , and from 11 beta to 11 Stable,

So far both the phones work perfectly,

But I let you know, there was some mistakes that force me to go down even for the test point, after all, all of them was experience and some sort of fun.

There will be the risk to manage to break the phone, and there is much bigger chance to just upgrade it without any problem.

BTW, I have upgraded my phone from 10 to the 11 beta, then 11 beta to 11 Stable , then 11 Stable back to 11 beta,

And the phone of my mum, from 10 beta to 11 beta , and from 11 beta to 11 Stable,

So far both the phones work perfectly,

But I let you know, there was some mistakes that force me to go down even for the test point, after all, all of them was experience and some sort of fun.

There will be the risk to manage to break the phone, and there is much bigger chance to just upgrade it without any problem.

Thanks for your reply man.. and excuse me I am asking you if you can tell me the steps to upgrade my phone without any problems, and also if I can update my phone without losing any data.
Thank you again

Thanks for your reply man.. and excuse me I am asking you if you can tell me the steps to upgrade my phone without any problems, and also if I can update my phone without losing any data.
Thank you again
It is my experience:

in case of upgrading from 10 beta to 11 beta:
Just flash the ROM, it should works flawlessly.

in case of upgrading from 10 beta or 11 beta to 11 Stable: you need to Backup your data , Flash the ROM, wipe davilk , cache and data partitions, and you should good to go.

BTW, I recommend you to make 2 type of Backups:

1. Make a backup by miui backup app inside the Android, ( it will be usable when you need to do a wipe action after flashing Stable ROM )

2. Make a backup of whole of your phone by TWRP (or any other alternative recovery that you use) ( it will be usable if you encounter any kind of unexpectable failures )

Reactions: elisel
It is my experience:

in case of upgrading from 10 beta to 11 beta:
Just flash the ROM, it should works flawlessly.

in case of upgrading from 10 beta or 11 beta to 11 Stable: you need to Backup your data , Flash the ROM, wipe davilk , cache and data partitions, and you should good to go.

BTW, I recommend you to make 2 type of Backups:

1. Make a backup by miui backup app inside the Android, ( it will be usable when you need to do a wipe action after flashing Stable ROM )

2. Make a backup of whole of your phone by TWRP (or any other alternative recovery that you use) ( it will be usable if you encounter any kind of unexpectable failures )

In my case I have mi a2 converted to mi6x .
I am in miui 10.3.4 ( in every update i delete the “firmware update” folder so I can revert to android when I want), but since I update to miui 10.3 I got bootloop, so I flash hex kernel (it not stable & I get many times black screen).
Now as I read the camera in miui 11 ( on a mi a2 converted to mi6x) doesn’t working if I don’t delete the firmware update folder.
I hope you understand me.
Thank you again for your time.

:)

In my case I have mi a2 converted to mi6x .
I am in miui 10.3.4 ( in every update i delete the “firmware update” folder so I can revert to android when I want), but since I update to miui 10.3 I got bootloop, so I flash hex kernel (it not stable & I get many times black screen).
Now as I read the camera in miui 11 ( on a mi a2 converted to mi6x) doesn’t working if I don’t delete the firmware update folder.
I hope you understand me.
Thank you again for your time.

:)
what is your ARB version ?

Sorry I don’t know how to find ARB version, but my ARB index is 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So I recommend you make a decision about triggering ARB 4 first of all, (I don't believe that you can enjoy the power of your phone whiteout installing the original firmware) I think you must either go for experiencing the Miui on 6X (and using it's dedicated firmware , that means triggering ARB4) or you must stand back by Android one.

I triggered it and I do Not regret it at all.

BTW you can check ARB version in fastboot mode by:
fastboot getvar anti

So I recommend you make a decision about triggering ARB 4 first of all, (I don't believe that you can enjoy the power of your phone whiteout installing the original firmware) I think you must either go for experiencing the Miui on 6X (and using it's dedicated firmware , that means triggering ARB4) or you must stand back by Android one.

I triggered it and I do Not regret it at all.

BTW you can check ARB version in fastboot mode by:
fastboot getvar anti

I don’t understand what you mean by “triggering ARB 4”..
bf73a1f31b07d6513d74a0df20463a90.jpg

I don’t understand what you mean by “triggering ARB 4”..
bf73a1f31b07d6513d74a0df20463a90.jpg

When u flash the new ROM without removing the Firmware folder, the ARB will be triggered and it will be changed to the version 4, that's what I mean.

Reactions: elisel
When u flash the new ROM without removing the Firmware folder, the ARB will be triggered and it will be changed to the version 4, that's what I mean.
Aha..
But if I flash the rom without removing the firmware folder, I will not be able to return to the stock android one again.. It is true?

Sent from my MI 6X using Tapatalk

Hello..
I just flashed the miui 11 over miui 10 without removing the firmware update folder... all goes great until I tried to boot into recovery mode, then I realized that I can’t boot to recovery mode or even reboot the phone.. can you please help me because I can’t use my phone now :(
(Anti : 4)
Please help