MIUI 11 Original Icons

davidjarod

Members
Aug 5, 2018
you must have root, you must go to / system / media / theme and delete the folder miui mod icons ...apply the theme again and voila, sorry for my bad english

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
MIUI 11 doesn't have "original icons", besides a few for system apps (which we don't change). Everything else falls into a common background + mask template.
If you wish to remove our icons, just remove "/system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons" directory with TWRP.

Reactions: haziqabgsapri

Ertan

Members
Jul 3, 2016
MIUI 11 doesn't have "original icons", besides a few for system apps (which we don't change). Everything else falls into a common background + mask template.
If you wish to remove our icons, just remove "/system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons" directory with TWRP.
Can we suggest icons for EU rom? For example, i use an app and i want to see it's icon as EU icon.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Can we suggest icons for EU rom? For example, i use an app and i want to see it's icon as EU icon.
Personally designed icon requests? No, thanks. We barely have time for actual issues, let alone this icon nonsense.
I will say this again: besides the system apps, the official ROM does not have any international third-party app icons. The default icon provided by the app itself is used and placed in a common background + mask to match the theme. Which means, to use it consistently across the system we would have to hand-craft the icon to a common shape. We have no time for that. You're welcome to look how the icons should look like in miui_mod_icons and design them yourself, you can also send them to us to be used in the ROMs, if approved.

Reactions: Ertan

haziqabgsapri

Members
Jul 13, 2019
do i need to root my phone if using this method?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

haziqabgsapri

Members
Jul 13, 2019
No, you can do this by mounting System partition in TWRP and using the TWRP File Manager.
thanks, one questions if there anything happen if i mounting system partition? such as phone will reset or anything else. sorry for the questions.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk