MIUI 11 Original Icons

you must have root, you must go to / system / media / theme and delete the folder miui mod icons ...apply the theme again and voila, sorry for my bad english

MIUI 11 doesn't have "original icons", besides a few for system apps (which we don't change). Everything else falls into a common background + mask template.
If you wish to remove our icons, just remove "/system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons" directory with TWRP.

MIUI 11 doesn't have "original icons", besides a few for system apps (which we don't change). Everything else falls into a common background + mask template.
If you wish to remove our icons, just remove "/system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons" directory with TWRP.
Can we suggest icons for EU rom? For example, i use an app and i want to see it's icon as EU icon.

Can we suggest icons for EU rom? For example, i use an app and i want to see it's icon as EU icon.
Personally designed icon requests? No, thanks. We barely have time for actual issues, let alone this icon nonsense.
I will say this again: besides the system apps, the official ROM does not have any international third-party app icons. The default icon provided by the app itself is used and placed in a common background + mask to match the theme. Which means, to use it consistently across the system we would have to hand-craft the icon to a common shape. We have no time for that. You're welcome to look how the icons should look like in miui_mod_icons and design them yourself, you can also send them to us to be used in the ROMs, if approved.

do i need to root my phone if using this method?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

No, you can do this by mounting System partition in TWRP and using the TWRP File Manager.
thanks, one questions if there anything happen if i mounting system partition? such as phone will reset or anything else. sorry for the questions.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

Thanks @Igor Eisberg its work!
788da853ce14b4bbcf3c86ad43b3090d.jpg

I'm also trying to remove your icons, to be able to use de "default" ones.
But when I use the TWRP File Manager, to remove "/system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons" directory with TWRP, there is no such directory!!
The folder exists but is empty.
I'm usind the weekly ROM for the Mi A2 (Jasmine_Sprout).
Can you help me deleting you costum icons?

Best regards

But when I use the TWRP File Manager, to remove "/system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons" directory with TWRP, there is no such directory!!

Best regards
You have to mount System partition first.

Best regards
We don't have a ROM for Mi A2 at all. It's not an MIUI device.

I own a Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro when I delete the folder system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons from a file explorer the phone does not start and stays in fastboot mode. And from TWRP I can't delete it because it doesn't mount /system. I think it's an android 10 issue. Thanks

I own a Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro when I delete the folder system/media/theme/miui_mod_icons from a file explorer the phone does not start and stays in fastboot mode. And from TWRP I can't delete it because it doesn't mount /system. I think it's an android 10 issue. Thanks
I have verified that with a Mi 9, deleting the folder from a file explorer does not cause a restart in fasboot mode. It looks like a bug in the Mi 10 rom.

No problem with deleting the folder with TWRP on my Mix 3.
I'm doing it after every update to get the original icons back.

No problem with deleting the folder with TWRP on my Mix 3.
I'm doing it after every update to get the original icons back.

I cannot open the system as a folder. It looks like file. How can I mount system to open as a folder?

I cannot open the system as a folder. It looks like file. How can I mount system to open as a folder?
Just mount in TWRP and use File Manager.
If it doesn't work for you, you are doing something wrong or your TWRP is faulty.