New MIUI 12.6 21.9.8 Poco F2 Pro - Weather app bug

Homeye

Members
Apr 25, 2018
When i try to add a city with the "Locate" option, the app sends me to the Location access settings. It's on, the weather app got the permission to use gps, but it just send me to the settings page. Tried to delete the appdata, but it's the same. On my mother's Poco M3 with the latest stable rom, it's working.

Hello, try to uninstall app updates (button at the bottom of the info screen about the Weather app, in phone's settings) if possible. ;)

Hello, try to uninstall app updates (button at the bottom of the info screen about the Weather app, in phone's settings) if possible. ;)
There's no uninstall updates, only clear data and disable app. I'm on the beta version, maybe that's the problem?

There's no uninstall updates, only clear data and disable app. I'm on the beta version, maybe that's the problem?
I don't think it's the problem of the beta version. ;)

What's the version of the Weather app on latest beta version?

Reactions: geoorg
I don't think it's the problem of the beta version. ;)

What's the version of the Weather app on latest beta version?
G-12.3.6.8 (march 24 2021) in the play store, G-12.3.6.16 in the app info and i can't sideload the latest apk. It says can't install system apps from unofficial channel.

Last edited:
Same G-12.3.6.16
Latest beta rom.
Weather works just fine, and " locate" gets my current city
To be sure i cleared app data and tried again.
Cant reproduce your issue here
Redmi K30 4G

Are you rooted?
Yep, i need that for passing the safetynet profile. I also ha e this on my mother's phone, which is working as intended. Also tried to change the phone's language to hungarian like on my mom's (i always set it to us english), but not working.

Screenshot_2021-09-12-15-02-39-981_com.miui.weather2.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-12-15-02-49-824_com.android.settings.jpg
Screenshot_2021-09-12-15-02-55-397_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Nope, not working with any zip you gave me
The issue don't seem to be the weather app.
Do other apps that use location get your correct location?
You can try other third-party weather apps to see if these get the location

I maybe dumb, or idk, but i solved it. Tried to change the phone's language, region to match usa/hungary. Suddenly i found an extra settings when i scrolled forward in hungarian language. Maybe it was there the whole time, i don't really know, but i enabled it and now it's working. It was the "Google Location Accuracy" i think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-12-15-26-12-329_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-12-15-26-12-329_com.android.settings.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 270
  • Love
Reactions: geoorg
I maybe dumb, or idk, but i solved it. Tried to change the phone's language, region to match usa/hungary. Suddenly i found an extra settings when i scrolled forward in hungarian language. Maybe it was there the whole time, i don't really know, but i enabled it and now it's working. It was the "Google Location Accuracy" i think.
Good find, that's actually the issue.
I tried with this disabled and i got the same issue you mentioned.