MIUI 12 installation problem

djrick

Members
Jan 19, 2021
Hi friends! I tried to install the WEEKLY 21.1.13 ROM insto my RN8 with several TWRP versions (including one that was supposed to work with this latest version by Geoanto555) and it always messes up my installation. I Flashed the latest Official ROM and tried to flash the xiaomi.eu ROM with no success, i flashed an older official ROM and also no success... I bricked the phone a couple of times and the latest i got the not-so-great SYSTEM HAS BEEN DESTROYED error... i managed to fix it and now i am in the latest official Xiaomi ROM.

How can i install the Xiaomi.EU ROM ? It's driving me crazy!!! Please help me

Thank you

Well you will have to give a step by step description of what you did. Maybe provide the log from the TWRP installation so that he could pitch in. The recovery from geoanto555 is working very well in my experience. Did you follow the instructions for installing the ROM from stock to the letter? I have not made the switch between stock and xiaomi.eu for months now, but I did it as per the instructions with the TWRP that was working at the time and it worked I do not know if something has changed apart from the decryption issue.

Reactions: geoanto555
Thanks for the fast reply Dexterv. Sorry forgot to send the step by step...
- I had the previous xiaomi.eu weekly ROM
- installed the twrp geoanto555 by fastboot
- copied the rom to the internal storage
- tried to install the ROM as i usually do...lots of decryption errors and a messed up installation
- wipe<format data
- fastboot erase userdata just in case
-flashed via MiFlash the oficial ROM (11.0.12 a old one just in case it solved this encryption thingy)
- did the same steps and same result
- flashed the latest oficial rom
- wipe< format data< yes
- fastboot erase userdata just in case
- installed (in desperation...) the Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020 zip file just to see if it helps or not...it didn't
- installed the xiaomi ROM that i had in a memory card (i tried before to place it in the internal memory but with no good results)
- same result, lots of errors and after a few attempts SYSTEM DESTROYED...scared the hell out of me...
- solved the problem by flashing the new oficial ROM again and thats where i am standing now...

Am i doing something wrong? before this last 2 releases it was very easy to install the weekly builds but now with the new encryption thing it's a pain in the a**

thanks!

On first sight I have never used "fastboot erase userdata ", so this is definitely a difference. Additionally what weekly exactly did try from the TWRP from geoanto555 was changed to be used specifically for the ROMs that were having the latest decryption changes from XIAOMI. It might not work OK on older ROMs.

never used "fastboot erase userdata ", so this is definitely a difference
The fastboot erase userdata was just used on the latest attempts after all the failures, i have never used it before...i saw that on another forum and decided to give it a go.

Additionally what weekly exactly did try from the TWRP from geoanto555 was changed to be used specifically for the ROMs that were having the latest decryption changes from XIAOMI. It might not work OK on older ROMs.
- exactly, that's why i got the latest oficial ROM because that one has already the decryption thing. The reason for that i used an older ROM before, was to see if that would help in bypassing the decryption problem, but i found out that, at least in my case, it didn't made any difference :(

The fastboot erase userdata was just used on the latest attempts after all the failures, i have never used it before...i saw that on another forum and decided to give it a go.

- exactly, that's why i got the latest oficial ROM because that one has already the decryption thing. The reason for that i used an older ROM before, was to see if that would help in bypassing the decryption problem, but i found out that, at least in my case, it didn't made any difference :(
Well I am out of ideas, except to try again and save the TWRP log for geoanto555 to have a look at it.

Thank you for your input dexterv ! No problem, for sure a solution will appear in a matter of days :) or at least i hope so...

Install fastboot rom (clean all)
flash twrp
"fastboot flash recovery nameoftwrp.img"
'fastboot reboot ( press vol + to boot )
format data
reboot recovery
copy the rom
flash the rom

Reactions: dexterv
Install fastboot rom (clean all)
flash twrp
"fastboot flash recovery nameoftwrp.img"
'fastboot reboot ( press vol + to boot )
format data
reboot recovery
copy the rom
flash the rom

Hi geoanto555! Thank you for your reply.
So basically
- I do again a fresh install via MiFlash with the option Clean All of mi current ROM (ginkgo_global_images_V12.0.3.0.QCOMIXM_20201226.0000.00_10.0_global_044c052090), do i have to do it, or i can bypass this since i already have this ROM installed?
- Then flash twrp version (twrp_ginkgo-willow_3.4A9_23-12-2020_BL) via fastboot. Do i have to boot to system before flashing the twrp or i do it right after the flash?
- Reboot to twrp format data, reboot to recovery and copy the ROM to the internal memory and install it via twrp
Done.
Is that it?
Thank you!

or i can bypass this since i already have this ROM installed? yes
- Then flash twrp version (twrp_ginkgo-willow_3.4A9_23-12-2020_BL) via fastboot. yes .
1) "fastboot flash recovery nameoftwrp.img

Dont try to "fastboot boot nameoftwrp.img
The kernel doesn't support "boot from fastboot"
2) Next step
fastboot reboot with vol +
format data ( wipe/format data --> yes)
reboot recovery
copy the zip
install the zip

Thank you geoanto555 ! I will try it again tonight for the 6th time lol hope it works this time! Fingers crossed ;) i will let you know how it went.

Well...followed all the steps, but apparently it didn't work :(
After the format, when trying to install the zip, the first line was Unable to decrypt device. Don't know why because it went perfectly the first time after the format data... anyway i attached the log to see if you can make sense of what happened. Now flashing oficial ROM again to try again
Thanks anyway

Attachments

• recovery_redmi8.txt
    60.7 KB · Views: 409
Yep... same error. This time with a clean ROM, followed all the steps and the same error appears when i try to install the xiaomi.eu ROM " E:Unable to decrypt FBE device"...

EDIT: i finally did it ! had to force restart the phone after installing the ROM because if froze into the MIUI logo... i will let you know if everything is alright.
Thank you for your help

Last edited:
"unable to decrypt " after format is not error.
Install the rom and reboot.

Last edited:
Hi geoanto555 !
Thanks. Everything is working great now. The ROM has been successfully installed and with no major problems ;)