New Miui 12 keep killing apps & tasks

Scream4coffee

Members
Nov 22, 2020
Need some help here☝
I flashed my UMI from Global.
Everything was just fine, process was flawless.
Since the very first moment after initial setup, it keeps killing apps, both background apps, and also foreground apps while i use it.
Just flashed yesterday, i was out today and needed google navigation, it was not possible to navigate coz system kills the task. I tried setting battery optimisation to 'no restrictions', allowed 'autostart'. Even i enabled developer options to set 'standard limit' for background processes to '..4 processes'. I guess i tried everything with no success.

This is more than 'agressive ram optimisation', there is something wrong here.

Now going back to Global rom since i cant even restore whatsapp backup, or run roborock coz system kills its background process as well.
Sending 'App Behaviour' logs, it killed the app 6 times where i try to just/simply 'use' the app.

Any recommendations most welcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-22-18-37-32-390_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-22-18-37-32-390_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 698
knows issue, go to settings>Apps>Dual apps then click the gear in the top right and delete all dual app accounts. After this your phone will reboot and apps should't be crashing.

Thanks a ton!
I was just about to flash indian global :)
we cant use dual apps then, or any workarounds until its resolved?

Good to know I spent a whole afternoon trying to recover the files from my phone, failing because every single thing including adb pull would crash, without there being a recovery which supports decryption, and ultimately resorting to data recovery software on my HDD to recover the files that I had temporarily moved on my PC, when I could've solved the issue disabling dual apps instead of having to wipe everything :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Scream4coffee