MIUI 12 Redmi Note 9 Pro

Been waiting since the start of Q4 but still no update. I saw in some article that xiaomi prioritize and completing the roll out for Indian and China rom.

So far, the following versions have been released: Turkish, Indonesian, Russian. I assume that the European version will be issued at any moment.

We will see. I wonder if in the future the European version for this model will also be treated like this and we will get updates at the end.

Is there any beta version for redmi note 9 pro eu version with miui 12 that can be installed?

There is new OTA update to MIUI12 ROM from MIUI.EU ROM for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse), check it in yours phones.

Download folder: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...files/xiaomi.eu/MIUI-STABLE-RELEASES/MIUIv12/

File here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...e9ProEU_V12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM_v12-10.zip/download
Yep, installs without issue and is working perfectly, so far.

Note that it may not be obvious that Magisk 21 requires reinstalling after this MIUI upgrade... but it most definitely does! Otherwise SafetyNet will fail.

Once Magisk has been reinstalled, the phone should still be certified in PlayStore.

Reactions: Sauron3256
Magisk must be reinstalled after any ROM update...

And Magisk must be hide to pass Safety net test.

Yep, installs without issue and is working perfectly, so far.

Note that it may not be obvious that Magisk 21 requires reinstalling after this MIUI upgrade... but it most definitely does! Otherwise SafetyNet will fail.

Once Magisk has been reinstalled, the phone should still be certified in PlayStore.

Other than the obvious Magisk reinstall did you notice anything amiss? Is the battery behaving okay, or is there a drain noticeable like with other phones?

Yeah bro sure did that, i install the zip via recovery, when i was on 11.0.7 my device pass saftynet also certified but now it nil

On 11.0.7 to pass safetynet I have enabled Forcing Base Key Attestation from MagiskHide Props Module and I restored persist partition from the backup made when i installed the rom. Otherwise my device couldn't pass the check and wasn't certified on the play store. Perhaps thw same has to be done on your device on miui 12?

On 11.0.7 to pass safetynet I have enabled Forcing Base Key Attestation from MagiskHide Props Module and I restored persist partition from the backup made when i installed the rom. Otherwise my device couldn't pass the check and wasn't certified on the play store. Perhaps thw same has to be done on your device on miui 12?
Are you not on miui 12 did your pass with the persist backup?? I have a backup here already made from my previous rom should i restore it?

Thats how my magisk its and google its not certified.

Attachments

• IMG_20201110_221304.jpg
    IMG_20201110_221304.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 397
Are you not on miui 12 did your pass with the persist backup?? I have a backup here already made from my previous rom should i restore it?

Thats how my magisk its and google its not certified.

Try using the testing channel for updates and get the latest magisk and manager. Also try installing MagiskHide Props Config Module and enable Forcing of Basic Key Attestation via a Terminal

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-10-23-17-50-939_pxvhqgcnh.lek.eo.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-10-23-17-50-939_pxvhqgcnh.lek.eo.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20201110_231816.jpg
    IMG_20201110_231816.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_20201110_231858.jpg
    IMG_20201110_231858.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_20201110_232419.jpg
    IMG_20201110_232419.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 285
It works, I am using it also...

Is the latest update worth installing? Have you noticed any battery drain or memory leaks so far? I'm using my phone to connect to my work network and reinstalling everything with the limited backup/restore capabilities we have without a fully functioning recovery can be a bit of a pain.

Try using the testing channel for updates and get the latest magisk and manager. Also try installing MagiskHide Props Config Module and enable Forcing of Basic Key Attestation via a Terminal
How can i do the terminal stuff?

How can i do the terminal stuff?
Install the hide module in magisk, enable and reboot. Install any terminal application of your choice, I'm using Termux. Run the app and type su and press enter. Grant root previleges. Type props and press Enter. Use the on screen prompts to enable attestation (type 2 and enter, enable it by typing the required key, press enter). Reboot your device. You can now pass again the safetynet check.

If your device shows that it is not certified on playstore, try wiping data for google play services as well and reboot once again afterwards

Last edited:
Install the hide module in magisk, enable and reboot. Install any terminal application of your choice, I'm using Termux. Run the app and type su and press enter. Grant root previleges. Type props and press Enter. Use the on screen prompts to enable attestation (type 2 and enter, enable it by typing the required key, press enter). Reboot your device. You can now pass again the safetynet check.

If your device shows that it is not certified on playstore, try wiping data for google play services as well and reboot once again afterwards
Its has worked thanks, i had to clear play service data for my device to be certified again at playstore, thanks again.

Its has worked thanks, i had to clear play service data for my device to be certified again at playstore, thanks again.

Glad to be of assistance, my friend!

Edit:

So, I couldn't resist updating after all. Flashed the downloadsd update with unofficial PBRP 3.0, kept DM-Verity and encryption and flashed Magisk again. After a minute or two of lagging, my Joyeuse resumed mormal operation. Biggest bummer so far is that the theme I'd been using isn't Miui12 compatible, everything else seems to be working fine. I'll update after 1-2 days of usage about the battery management.

Here's to hoping I haven't doomed my poor battery!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gpeeyoo
Hi,

Is someone able to use NFC of google pay with the MIUI 12 update?
I've looked around but I hope I have not missed that answer!

I've struggled with the props and the various option in termux... with the MIUI 11 I was able to do the payment but now I'm pretty lost