MIUI 12 Redmi Note 9 Pro

Try using the testing channel for updates and get the latest magisk and manager. Also try installing MagiskHide Props Config Module and enable Forcing of Basic Key Attestation via a Terminal
Should I use the default value? I passed SN on MIUI 11, but not passing anything on 12.

Should I use the default value? I passed SN on MIUI 11, but not passing anything on 12.

Don't change anything in props other than attestation. You migjt need to flash persist backup as well (generated in the internal memory when you install the rom)

Reactions: ilCarda
Don't change anything in props other than attestation. You migjt need to flash persist backup as well (generated in the internal memory when you install the rom)
I've heard that if you mess with persist, you lose L1, forcing attestation didn't seem to work, before I used to get away from occasional integrity fails by wiping the cache of GMS.

Hi,

Is someone able to use NFC of google pay with the MIUI 12 update?
I've looked around but I hope I have not missed that answer!

I've struggled with the props and the various option in termux... with the MIUI 11 I was able to do the payment but now I'm pretty lost
For me it works good. Just hide Magisk (option in Magisk).

I've heard that if you mess with persist, you lose L1, forcing attestation didn't seem to work, before I used to get away from occasional integrity fails by wiping the cache of GMS.

Widevine L1 certificate you can very easy get in Settings - Passwords & Security - Fingerprint Unlock - Fingerprint Payments - Widevine L1 - Download Certificate

Therefore, the Persist rewrite method can be used without problems.

Widevine L1 certificate you can very easy get in Settings - Passwords & Security - Fingerprint Unlock - Fingerprint Payments - Widevine L1 - Download Certificate

Before I do this, I tried to download the certificate (while already having L1) and it's giving me a download error -1, would it go away once I no longer have L1 and download normally? Just trying to make sure before making changes :D

sorry, just to avoid mistake..
do you mean to flash the persist.img from the original MIUI 11.0.7?

No, the backup persist that appeared in internal storage after installing the rom

I'm sorry I ask further question, but thank a lot for your support really!
I saw now the backup you are saying, I'll simply flash it with fastboot to the persist partition?

I'm sorry I ask further question, but thank a lot for your support really!
I saw now the backup you are saying, I'll simply flash it with fastboot to the persist partition?

You can flash it with your recovery as well, just change the setting to flash image and pick the persist partition.

First of all, Thank you very much to everyone replied!
I had to do then again a clear data of the play services and now everything working!

Thanks a lot again!

Flashed backup persist, used magiskpropshide forced attestation, magisk is already hidden, data for those 3 Google apps were wiped, still fails hmm..

Flashed backup persist, used magiskpropshide forced attestation, magisk is already hidden, data for those 3 Google apps were wiped, still fails hmm..
What falls?
After install Persist.img you have to restart phone and then install Google Pay app and setup bank card.
You cannot have Google Pay installed before installing Persist.img.

Before I do this, I tried to download the certificate (while already having L1) and it's giving me a download error -1, would it go away once I no longer have L1 and download normally? Just trying to make sure before making changes :D
You must be in the condition that you do not have an L1 certificate in order to download it.
If obtaining the certificate ends in an error, restart the phone, usually the certificate will appear, check it in Passwords & Security - Fingerprint Unlock - Fingerprint Payments - Widevine L1

Update with UX data.

Installed Miui 12, wiped caches and reinstalled magisk. Everything worked well from the get go. Free memory's a bit lower than before , but that's to be expected. Had one hiccup where sim card wouldn't register, but After taking it out, rebooting and reinserting it the problem was solved. Battery drain is nonexistent (i.e battery's behaving normally). All in all a solid update.

Nov-11, 15:40 to Nov-14 00:18 without charging inbetween, still got 12% battery. No gaming during that period due to work, but Social media and VoWifi got a real workout. 16h SoT and counting.

With a little care, I do recommend doing it.

Last edited:
Hi,

Quick question, can I flash xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM_v12-10.zip on twrp directly from stock?,
or do I need xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V11.0.7.0.QJZMIXM_v11-10 previously installed as miu12 is a update?

From the sizes I can see both are closer, 2g1 vs 2g5 so I guess clean flash will do the job but just wanna be sure.

Thanks!

Hi,

Quick question, can I flash xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM_v12-10.zip on twrp directly from stock?,
or do I need xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9ProEU_V11.0.7.0.QJZMIXM_v11-10 previously installed as miu12 is a update?

From the sizes I can see both are closer, 2g1 vs 2g5 so I guess clean flash will do the job but just wanna be sure.

Thanks!
FROM STOCK ROM?
No, because STOCK rom is encrypted and can NOT be decrypted by TWRP you just installed.

Hi,

Thanks!
Install one of the v11 fastboot ROMs first, then sort out LR-TWRP, then Magisk 21 and finally use TWRP to upgrade to v12. ROM.

Reactions: Invisible
Install one of the v11 fastboot ROMs first, then sort out LR-TWRP, then Magisk 21 and finally use TWRP to upgrade to v12. ROM.
Iam on xiaomi.Eu 11.0.4.0 do i need full data format to flash 12.0.1.0 or i can make dirty flash? Which best twrp recomended?
device is joyeuse
Thank you

Last edited:
Iam on xiaomi.Eu 11.0.4.0 do i need full data format to flash 12.0.1.0 or i can make dirty flash? Which best twrp recomended?
device is joyeuse
Thank you
Dirty flash is fine from global 11.0.7, so you shouldnt have any problems with that. Can always clean flash later if you do come across any issues related to ROM upgrade.

Reactions: jamaljmys
Reactions: jamaljmys
I dirty flashed from 20.3.26 to 20.9.24 (using weeklies, not stable) without issues. No need to format, use a twrp from this maybe: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...-note-9-pro-joyeuse-2-versions-already.56896/ , official TWRP doesn't seem to exist for joyeuse.

There is also Pitch Black Recovery Project that went miatoll https://pitchblackrecovery.com/joyeuse/ and OrangeFox https://orangefox.download/device/curtana.

I flashed the update with PBRP (you have to unmount system, vendor, etc, except from internal storage, otherwise you will get a dynamic partition error).