Miui 6.6.1.0 (lxamicf) Stable - Running Out Of Storage Issues

m4rt1nfr1edr1ch

Members
Sep 19, 2015
I have recently updated my Xiaomi 2S to MIUI v6 in a regular manner and since the update, it just tells that I am running out of storage eventhough i am not. It doesnt allow me to update any app and the apps refuse to sync giving the same reason. my phone has a total of 32GB of memory of which i have 12.16GB available in internal storage and 266MB available in system storage. my phone was running MIUI V4 before and it didnt have any problem, even having just 30MB of system storage available.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
I asked already in the official forum but people there seem to be too busy with their own crap.
Also if nobody knows, can you at least tell me how to contact the Xiaomi support in any way?

I have recently updated my Xiaomi 2S to MIUI v6 in a regular manner and since the update, it just tells that I am running out of storage eventhough i am not. It doesnt allow me to update any app and the apps refuse to sync giving the same reason. my phone has a total of 32GB of memory of which i have 12.16GB available in internal storage and 266MB available in system storage. my phone was running MIUI V4 before and it didnt have any problem, even having just 30MB of system storage available.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
I asked already in the official forum but people there seem to be too busy with their own crap.
Also if nobody knows, can you at least tell me how to contact the Xiaomi support in any way?
Copy your files like photos and music to an USB and try flashing the ROM for fastboot with MiFlash.
You have to select the flash all option so that the storage gets repartitioned and you'll lose your files so it's important to make a backup of them.

Fastboot ROMs can be downloaded from the official english website.

Hope I've helped you :D

Copy your files like photos and music to an USB and try flashing the ROM for fastboot with MiFlash.
You have to select the flash all option so that the storage gets repartitioned and you'll lose your files so it's important to make a backup of them.

Fastboot ROMs can be downloaded from the official english website.

Hope I've helped you :D

Thank you. I already thought of flashing the ROM but i hoped its the thing to do when there is no other way. I will definitely do that if nothing else comes up. Thanks again for the quick answer.