Miui 8.2 Xiaomi Mi5

Just updated as well... So far so good! No problems whatsoever.
After a day or two I'll report back with what I can find (battery life, performance, etc.).

Hi. Couldn't update to 8.2. It gave me an error while flashing. On the package named "update miui". I whiped cashe/ dalvik and system. Anyone had this problem ? I tried several times, but same error.

I have see 2 red line on the installation, but was on something not found (if i remember)... I wyped and checked if the correct version was installed, under info.

Hi. Couldn't update to 8.2. It gave me an error while flashing. On the package named "update miui". I whiped cashe/ dalvik and system. Anyone had this problem ? I tried several times, but same error.
Hi Anton77, no, I didn't find that problem. So the install failed and you were left on your previous version? Which ROM do you have?

Also, did you verify the integrity of your downloaded file by checking the MD5 hash?

I have see 2 red line on the installation, but was on something not found (if i remember)... I wyped and checked if the correct version was installed, under info.
I have it see too but all work fine. Only the easter egg don't work

Hi Anton77, no, I didn't find that problem. So the install failed and you were left on your previous version? Which ROM do you have?

Also, did you verify the integrity of your downloaded file by checking the MD5 hash?

I came from previous 8.1.9.0, stable. Yes, checked MD5. After finish, if i try to reboot TWORP says no os installed. Here is a picture of the error

Edit: I rebooted after flash, even it say "no os installed" and it works fine. 8.2 is installed

Attachments

• IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 345
Last edited:
I updated from 8.1.6 to 8.2. Went OK, but reinstalled twrp (maybe because I wiped system too). No problems whatsoever, but I really really deslike that "bootloader unlock" sign on boot.

Updated from 8.1.6.0 via updater app, without any wipe. Works fine, it feels faster than the old one.

I updated from 8.1.6 to 8.2. Went OK, but reinstalled twrp (maybe because I wiped system too). No problems whatsoever, but I really really deslike that "bootloader unlock" sign on boot.

TWRP needs to be reinstalled when upgrading from Android 6.0 to 7.0

I think the "Bootloader unlock" symbol at boot is a good thing, a security measure. Of course, since you probably unlocked your bootloader and flashed a new ROM into it yourself, you don't need to be reminded of the bootloader status every time you reboot, but imagine you buy a used device, or one that has been tampered by the vendor. If the bootloader is, in fact, unlocked, you want to know that right away.

For the record, I had three Nexus devices before my Mi5 (Nexus 4, Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 tablet, the original). All of them displayed the bootloader unlocked status on its boot screen.

Just updated and it seems to be fine :) should i wipe cache and dalvik? I didn't wiped anything XD Anyway, someone can send me a link for the complete changelog?

New stable image 8.2.1.0 for Mi5 have issue with GPS/Battery or that now work fine?

Poslano sa mog MI 5 koristeći Tapatalk

New stable image 8.2.1.0 for Mi5 have issue with GPS/Battery or that now work fine?

Poslano sa mog MI 5 koristeći Tapatalk

GPS works fine, I just got fix in less than 5 seconds with 18m accuracy (better than with 8.1.6.0)

I just wonder why the current china stable is still the 8.1.6.0 ???
The xiaomi.eu is normally based on this :confused:

Just updated and it seems to be fine :) should i wipe cache and dalvik? I didn't wiped anything XD Anyway, someone can send me a link for the complete changelog?
It's always recommended to at least wipe cache/dalvik after a new ROM flash. You can do it even now from TWRP.

I just wonder why the current china stable is still the 8.1.6.0 ???
The xiaomi.eu is normally based on this :confused:
On en.miui.com, there are several reports of people getting China stable 8.2.1.0, and one guy even posted the link for the full OTA, so there's the source for this release, even though it hasn't been officially announced on their forum. Perhaps it's being treated as a beta for the time being.

Anyway, it's working quite well for me :)

Hi, just updated with the updater app from 8.1.6.0 to 8.2.1.0, everything seems to work fine, cool to have Android 7!
Hi, just updated with the updater app from 8.1.6.0 to 8.2.1.0, everything seems to work fine, cool to have Android 7!
Hi Joost,
Ik heb sinds kort de Mi5 met MIUI 8.1.2.0 stable Global. Ik wil er graag de EU ROM met NL opzetten en heb via MIUI de bootloader laten unlocken. Waar heb je de EU versie 8.2.1 met NL gevonden. En heb je de update met de MIflash tool gedaan ?

thanx

Willem

Hi Willem,
Je hebt ook TWRP nodig, en de eu rom staat bovenin bij ROMs DOWNLOAD. Ik update enkel nog via de Updater app, maar jij zult eerst met fastboot een TWRP moeten installeren.
Succes!

I updated MI5 to 8.2.1.0 from 8.1.9.0 and I still have a problem with Viber app. I can't send any photos from gallery to Viber I see black window instead of picture and message "This element (photo) is no longer available". It worked good on 8.1.6. I reproduced it on several MI5 devices.
P.S. It works fine when I attach photo from Viber.

Last edited:
I have problem with Turecaller. rom 8.1.9.0 and 8.2.1.0 as well. I can't switch to sim 2. It shows me 2 sims but with same phone number of the sim 1. With global stable rom or chinese stable rom i had not this problem.

Ok, after several hours of use, here are my thoughts about 8.2.1.0:

- Phone feels fast, snappy during use
- Wireless communication (WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular 3G/4G) all working fine, I use only one SIM though
- Haven't had any special problems, apps force closing, etc.
- GPS is working just like in 8.1.6.0 for me; that is, not perfect (low accuracy) but good enough for car navigation in Google Maps. Fast lock on (about 10-15 secs)
- App notifications working OK
- Battery life seems good, I have 2.5 hours SOT today and 53% battery left (see attached screenshot)
- Two of the best thing about Nougat (run two apps side by side in split screen, and replying to messages straight from a notification) are not available :-(

All in all, this ROM looks good :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-01-17-04-17-712_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-01-17-04-17-712_com.android.settings.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 333