Miui 8.2 Xiaomi Mi5

Hello i update from 8.1.6.0 to 8.2.1.0. I used the updater app. All fine. But i look today wich version of TWRP ih have. I had Battery 38% ! in TWRP few secons later only 25 % and after newstart 8%.
What is wrong?

Hello i update from 8.1.6.0 to 8.2.1.0. I used the updater app. All fine. But i look today wich version of TWRP ih have. I had Battery 38% ! in TWRP few secons later only 25 % and after newstart 8%.
What is wrong?
Not sure what happened to you... But last night, I had about 15% battery left, and I entered TWRP to check something up. TWRP showed 8%, and after one or two minutes in TWRP, I rebooted into system. Upon rebooting I had 1% battery left, and the phone shut down because of that. I immediately put it on the charger, let it charge for a couple minutes, and restarted and left it charging completely.

Today the battery indicator has behaved normally. Strange...

I updated MI5 to 8.2.1.0 from 8.1.6.0, for now all work ok.

Poslano sa mog MI 5 koristeći Tapatalk

Excuse me. I use 8.2.1 for days. Now I realize that my Samsung Gear S2 is not connected anymore. I opened Samsung Gear on Mi5 but it's stuck when I try to connect and the app stop working. Any help for this matter. Thankyou

Hi Willem,
Je hebt ook TWRP nodig, en de eu rom staat bovenin bij ROMs DOWNLOAD. Ik update enkel nog via de Updater app, maar jij zult eerst met fastboot een TWRP moeten installeren.
Succes!
Thanx Joost, ik heb TWRP geinstaleerd en SuperUser (direct ook root) vervolgens ook hierna 8.2.1.0 en alles lijkt prima te werken. Ben blij met deze NL versie echter ik gebruik Nova Launcher en de home button reageert niet op het oproepen van de Google Now search bar. Er verschijnt de tekst dat de app niet geinstalleerd is terwijl die wel geinstaleerd is.
Als ik de Google search bar vanaf het home scherm gebruik krijg ik de MIUI search bar te zien. Is dit een bug of wat ?

Excuse me. I use 8.2.1 for days. Now I realize that my Samsung Gear S2 is not connected anymore. I opened Samsung Gear on Mi5 but it's stuck when I try to connect and the app stop working. Any help for this matter. Thankyou
I seem to recall reading about this issue in other threads regarding the weekly versions with Android N, it seems all the builds with this version of Android are suffering from that.

Thanx Joost, ik heb TWRP geinstaleerd en SuperUser (direct ook root) vervolgens ook hierna 8.2.1.0 en alles lijkt prima te werken. Ben blij met deze NL versie echter ik gebruik Nova Launcher en de home button reageert niet op het oproepen van de Google Now search bar. Er verschijnt de tekst dat de app niet geinstalleerd is terwijl die wel geinstaleerd is.
Als ik de Google search bar vanaf het home scherm gebruik krijg ik de MIUI search bar te zien. Is dit een bug of wat ?
I'd like to kindly ask that the posts in open threads be written in english, please, so that everyone can benefit from the knowledge in them. For personal conversations, there is the direct message function of the forum software.

I'm not a native english speaker, but I make a point of always writing in english, even when I know I'm talking with someone who speaks my language in this and other forums.

I seem to recall reading about this issue in other threads regarding the weekly versions with Android N, it seems all the builds with this version of Android are suffering from that.
Oh dear, I'm supposed that 8.2 is not weekly ver. Anyway, thankyou

Oh dear, I'm supposed that 8.2 is not weekly ver. Anyway, thankyou
It's not a weekly dev version, but it's based on Android N. What I meant to say is that it seems to be a problem associated with the Android version (regardless of weekly or stable ROM).

It's not a weekly dev version, but it's based on Android N. What I meant to say is that it seems to be a problem associated with the Android version (regardless of weekly or stable ROM).
Cause you said that 'regarding the weekly versions with Android N', then I'm confused :))

I had about 15% battery left, and I entered TWRP to check something up. TWRP showed 8%, and after one or two minutes in TWRP, I rebooted into system. Upon rebooting I had 1% battery left

i did the update to 8.2 yesterday, when i started the system updater app i had battery 78%, after automatic reboot to recovery, TWRP showed exactly 50%, i thought thats weird, but after the ROM succesfully installed (took around 2 mins, which i think is quite fast compared to the previous stable releases) my phone showed !13%! battery left!
So it fell from 78% to 13% in around 5 minutes!? how's that possible?
I dont think its a big problem, since the battery drain of today is very normal.. just a bit confused because such huge power consumption can only be done with electrical short circuit!?

didnt find any other big changes to 8.1.9, email synchronisation still dont works with this ROM, thats a pity
General performance is pretty good similar to previous nougat release

i did the update to 8.2 yesterday, when i started the system updater app i had battery 78%, after automatic reboot to recovery, TWRP showed exactly 50%, i thought thats weird, but after the ROM succesfully installed (took around 2 mins, which i think is quite fast compared to the previous stable releases) my phone showed !13%! battery left!
So it fell from 78% to 13% in around 5 minutes!? how's that possible?
I dont think its a big problem, since the battery drain of today is very normal.. just a bit confused because such huge power consumption can only be done with electrical short circuit!?

didnt find any other big changes to 8.1.9, email synchronisation still dont works with this ROM, thats a pity
General performance is pretty good similar to previous nougat release
8.2.1.0 mail sync work on my phone.

Poslano sa mog MI 5 koristeći Tapatalk

My mail sync is working fine in 8.2.1.0, I use only Gmail app for a gmail and an Exchange account.

installed two days ago. Im coming from Marshmallow. Did a clean install (factory setting first and then install through TWRP). So far no issue. it feels faster and smoother. no gps issue or sync issue. Havent really checked the SoT. but, battery seems last longer.

no issue with bluetooth so far. used jawbone and garmin watch. Both seems pairing and connecting just fine.

so, so far satisfied and no complain, except for not all Nougat features are implemented in MIUI.

Reactions: Jaime DLH
Sorry for my question of nooby, but upgrade from 8.1.6.0 from twrp or updater application?

Than you.

My mail sync is working fine in 8.2.1.0, I use only Gmail app for a gmail.
The problem is the GPS!
No possible to use google maps to navigate..
Any idea how to solve it?

Thanks

Ghildor

This is still a beta...I think.. no china stable available..

Gesendet von meinem MI 5 mit Tapatalk

43f102a3b611881e9a3adf2d16a0fbfd.jpg

All available...