Miui 8 And Updater App

MetroDelta

Members
May 11, 2016
Hello,
I was wondering something, if I just downloaded the latest MIUI 8 rom on my phone and rename it with "update.zip", and go to recovery and select "wipe & reset" and "install update.zip" to system, does my Redmi Note 2 will pass from MIUI 7 to MIUI 8, or it will fail ?

Hello,
I was wondering something, if I just downloaded the latest MIUI 8 rom on my phone and rename it with "update.zip", and go to recovery and select "wipe & reset" and "install update.zip" to system, does my Redmi Note 2 will pass from MIUI 7 to MIUI 8, or it will fail ?
It will pass ,no need to rename ROM file

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk

It will pass ,no need to rename ROM file

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk
Thanks, but I have another question about the root. I'm on MIUI 7.4, meaning that my ROM is in beta, so I can't download the "W/O root" ROMs of MIUI 8, but I don't have "enable root access" in my security's app either, so I tried to unlock the bootloader of the phone, but when I tried to connect it to MIUI unlock in fast boot mode, I had the "couldn't verify device" error at 50%, so how do I root my phone since I can't download any non-rooted ROM ? (there is no MIUI V.4 in the download section of the non-rooted ROMS)

You have a xiaomi.eu rom installed, you don't need to unlock your bootloader as it is not even locked.
but I don't have "enable root access" in my security's app either
Yes, because native root access is removed. You have to flash SuperSU now. For the rest of your story I don't have a clue where you're talking about. Download latest MIUI 8 rom, flash it and flash SuperSU afterwards if you want root.

You have a xiaomi.eu rom installed, you don't need to unlock your bootloader as it is not even locked.

Yes, because native root access is removed. You have to flash SuperSU now. For the rest of your story I don't have a clue where you're talking about. Download latest MIUI 8 rom, flash it and flash SuperSU afterwards if you want root.

But I can't access to SuperSU, it says to me that I must have root in the first place(see screenshot below), so what do I have to do ? Do I have to download the first ROM that require root even if I don't have the native root ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-13-01-17-40_eu.chainfire.supersu.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-13-01-17-40_eu.chainfire.supersu.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 158

Thanks it worked, now I'm on MIUI 8, even if I have a bug with the mail app.