Miui 8 Feedback

hybris22

Members
Jun 17, 2016
Hi guys, please use this thread to give some feedback about the new MIUI 8.

Anyone succeeded in installing the new version?

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

installed it over cm13 after full wipe, quite impressed with the ui and the rom is very smooth plus rom management seems to be incredible

Flawless experience so far. Hard to tell anything about battery but Alfa ROMs were better than v7 devs.

Yeah, now waiting future releases to see new camera, scanner, calc and few other things. Working flawlessly all day long.

So far so good. Going to try greenify.

Full WiFi + LTE a little bit. Social networking, light gaming. 24/7..

Loves this rom. Looking forward for more stable version. A few bugs and crashes. But all okay

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-18-08-13-14-259_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-18-08-13-14-259_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 391
  • Screenshot_2016-06-18-08-13-20-504_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-18-08-13-20-504_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 406
  • Screenshot_2016-06-18-08-13-04-301_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-18-08-13-04-301_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    89 KB · Views: 378
With my device, the home button is less responive when using tap to home. I'd say a 50% chance of not responding.

Also the notes app keeps crashing.

With my device, the home button is less responive when using tap to home. I'd say a 50% chance of not responding.

Also the notes app keeps crashing.
Yeah, that's also my impression (about the tap to home). However, I never encountered any crash in these two days.

Not sure yet, but it seems that battery drain is high.

Ye I noticed an high battery drain especially during night without data and wifi, but this is the first dev so i think that it will be better

Yeah, that's also my impression (about the tap to home). However, I never encountered any crash in these two days.

Yes that's for sure.. It's very slow and there's the chance to miss the tap

I've some unusual app behaviours. eg whatsapp crashes on sending pics. Another thing is not really a bug, but other behaviour than on miui 7.

For me, i don't like the one line status bar but in i change to old style, you always have the notification site first. Is there a chance of changing that?

No problems so far regarding Battery drain.

Gesendet von meinem MI 5 mit Tapatalk

I flashed Miui8 succesfully, and first startup is ok. But after full configuration and reboot, the MI5 is stuck in bootloop.
Tried several times, including wipe cache / dalvik before and after. Even wipe all, no luck.
Back to latest MIUI 7 using fastboot.

I flashed Miui8 succesfully, and first startup is ok. But after full configuration and reboot, the MI5 is stuck in bootloop.
Tried several times, including wipe cache / dalvik before and after. Even wipe all, no luck.

there are multiple Dutch users that are having the same issue (even myself ) still no fix or reply from DEV team :-(

there are multiple Dutch users that are having the same issue (even myself ) still no fix or reply from DEV team :-(

if english is used, no problem found. seems Dutch (Nederlands) language related issue.. Can a dev check an issue in possible bootloop cause ?

Ye I noticed an high battery drain especially during night without data and wifi, but this is the first dev so i think that it will be better

Yes that's for sure.. It's very slow and there's the chance to miss the tap

if english is used, no problem found. seems Dutch (Nederlands) language related issue.. Can a dev check an issue in possible bootloop cause ?

@ingbrzy do you have something to share with us?

Hi , i have redmi note 3g 1w, I update the new rom miui 8 , 6.6.16 and my phone go under a bootloop, rom hmnotew , any ideas.
Many thanks

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Tapatalk

I installed 6.6.16 MIUI 8 after CM13, and i am amazed that it is faster and snappier than CM13 (which was working great and smooth). But battery life is way better on CM13, i could easy get 6-7 SOT with cm13, on miui only 4 hours of SOT. Apart from that everything work excellent for me

Last edited:
Reactions: Stefano131270