MIUI Apps - What do you want to see?

A few extra's

As has already been said, I would love the Full Month View calender Widget and the HTC FM Radio.

(PS: If anyone knows where to get the FM radio in the Meantime please let me know.)

I'd love to see the MIUI Music app updated to include integrated streaming from home PC (like the Audiogalaxy app), integrated SHOUTcast playback and perhaps SoundHound capabilities.

I'll second all these additions, but the ONE thing that keeps me from using the MIUI music player all the time is it's lack of a horizontal/landscape display. I'm sure I'm not the only person that would like to have this feature. I could even mock up a layout if somebody would like.

MIUI Calendar - I'm fine with stock calendar, but would love to see a MIUI'd up Calendar with full month widget.

I would love to have this feature as well, and in addition, I would like to add the widget displays both a truncated description of the event, and a bar showing it's length, instead of those stupid triangle's that don't really tell you much of anything.

MIUI Stopwatch/Timer - A MIUI'd up Stopwatch+Timer similar to Hybrid Stopwatch would be awesome.

Personally, I feel that this should be combined with the alarm clock/desk clock app. I Feel that pretty much all time keeping features should be contained within one app. I've been trying to find something like this for months now, and literally the ONLY thing I can find is the HTC Alarm clock app, and that's NOT enough of a reason for me to put up with the sense UI. I think having a MIUI style app that does all of this would be amazing!!

Most of the things on here might not get noticed, but if you made mock-ups that worked well with MIUI, they definitely would.

+1 for mock-ups from me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm working on the mockups, and will post them as soon as I get a chance.

Great, can't wait to see them. For the horizontal Music app, are we talking about a coverflow-esque style?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1) Contact app can add/read from SIM directly, not import/export to Phone before.
2) Contact app have option get contacts from SIM/Phone/Gmail/facebook/etc.
3) Dialer can make like Samsung stock dialer. right slide to call, left to mms.

ps. Samsung stock Calculator can use in MIUI, it's great calculator.

Lol Absolute went sick on this guy.

to be a bit childish, how about you stfu and let people have opinions in a damn opinion thread...MIUI like ALL ROMS on ALL PHONES is NOT PERFECT...the app drawer is a good way of ridding your phone of clutter as well as folders for organization...why both can't be implemented is beyond me, and why suggesting that MIUI should have an app drawer somehow equals "I WANT STOCK BACK" is beyond me...

again, in case you missed it...stfu.

Things I'd like to see:

- I think an app drawer could be pretty cool - sometimes I can't remember which folder an app is in...a drawer would be good. Seeing as there are so many different opinions on it, you could make it toggleable (lol) so that if you don't want one you don't have to have one, it could have sections maybe.
- 4-Way reboot as part of the switch off menu would be good - especially if you can enable and disable (for those that don't want the extra tap)
- Contacts is a bit basic...one thing I liked from HTC Sense is being able to look at a contact's social networking photo's or email for example (Gmail integration could be sick - being able to auto load the last 5 threads for each contact e.g.), SMS/MMS, Call History etc right from the contacts app.
- Browser should have an incognito mode, I've seen it somewhere in another ROM.
- An MIUI Lost Phone App, where you can go online and see phone's location, switch off ringer, test ring, wipe/factory reset for example would be good, never sure how reliable/safe some of the market ones are.
- Cloud print enabled across the ROM
- Better Clock App definitely, especially when it comes to setting alarms, the scroll to set the time is whack (someone else mentioned that)
- An MIUI Video App - playing multiple formats with ability to stream from PC, Youtube online etc.
- Improved Music App letting you stream music from PC and be able to stream podcasts etc and other integration
- Widgets in general need to be better - e.g. the clock widgets- need one where animations work well, calendar widgets are needed, month view, week view, tasks etc. In diff sizes too.
- Possibly an RSS type App, but tbh I use Pulse and its pretty slick.
- Also I don't know about you guys, but its impossible to paste a telephone number into the dialer. Sometimes for some reason you can't click on a number from the browser or email e.g. to get it to the dialer - I've had to paste it into SMS and send to myself! One of the most annoying things.

Obviously I realise that MIUI is still in beta...and it'd be better to at least have a really good, working ROM out and fine tune later, than to have all the little extra from the start.

Just drop a folder on to the dock and put all your apps in it.

Personally, having multiple folders really helps me with organization more than one giant app drawer.

I agree. I came to MIUI and loved it because there is no app drawer. Android's app drawer is just like a junk drawer. Sure, the apps may be in alphabetical order, but they're all stored there, and it's overwhelming if you have a lot of apps. Sure, I could use LauncherPro or ADW with a stock rom to sort it out, but then I would lose out on all the great visual tweaks that MIUI has. I say go back to a stock-looking rom if you want an app drawer. It's not needed in MIUI.

I would like to see in the Contacts app to see the Display option of people only from your Google Account. I am sure this is the default option in ASOP and it means if you sync with Facebook you should only see people you already have instead of anyone with a phone number in Facebook

I'd love to be able to swipe the bottom bar left or right allowing extra icon spaces a la LauncherPro or GoLauncherEX

I'm currently running barebones MIUI and trying to stay with the stock launcher for a while to see how I like it...it IS beautiful...but I've always criticized functionality...so here goes

* Swipping to remove notifications from the Notification list? Like in Cyanogen.
* Allowing certain notifications and icons to display in the notification bar rather than collapsed. I'd like to see the temperature and weather without unlocking using the notification bar.

i want to see a vidual voicemail app from miui! pleasee this would be an excellent feature and soo helpful. I dont want to pay a monthly subscription to verizon for theirs and i dont use google voice. i have the droid incredible and i just use the regular calling.

The main thing I miss from other ROMs is an app drawer, it was a strange concept when I came from iOS a few months ago but without it my homescreen is just cluttered, like when I first had an iOS device (that was only fixed by having very few apps and some jailbreak tweaks). I would like an app drawer of some description or at least the ability to hide certain apps that shouldnt really have an icon in the first place eg widgets, keyboards, addons for other apps.
A reboot into bootloader/recovery option similar to cyanogenmod would be cool too.
And grouping all widgets from one app into a folder or something would be nice to shorten the list and make widgets easier to find.

An opinion from a MIUI's rom noob.

I's a week or so i switched to MIUI from CyanogenMod. And i'm very happy about the care spent by Devs on the interface, and the stability of the system overall even the betas.
I'm not the same opinion about the "Launcher". Since i love the minimalism and the elegance of the MIUI interface, these are the loosing points (imho) of Launcher:
- a 4x4 grid (not customizable) on big screens are too few. --> suggesting a customizable grid so even icons could be adapted to grid itself.
- a smaller dock! (or a customizable in heigth)
- a less iPhon-ish look. This is Android at least! :)

Anyway, for those who appreciate the drawer feature a suggestion would be to have it toggable (with the default set on "No"); or try the excellent Zeam Launcher or ADW Launcher EX. Using these launcher replacement the beauty and the "armony" of the MIUI rom would still not be diminished.

-option to change individual icons is really missing for me
-changing desktop colums to 5x5
-disabling wallpaper scrolling
-4way reboot that works :)
-a way to hide gmail groups u dont want to see and not only display contacts with or without phone numbers
-option to change or remove carrier name
-option to have the date ALWAYS displayed in status bar with out dragging notifications
-Quick Dial OF COURSE !
its endless but yet its still the best rom out there :)

- Scrollable widets, for the love of God!

- Facebook integration ( don't point me to the sticky ). Facebook app unfortunately does a HORRIBLE job at syncing pics and status into Google contacts. HTC's app runs rings around it.

- Less users complaining about a lack of app drawers. USE FOLDERS! FFS.