miui backup disable google account in phonebook

Discussion in 'Mi General' started by blackstones, Apr 6, 2012.

1. blackstones

Mar 29, 2012
    Miui version 2.3.30 (now using 2.4.6)
    Problem: when i do a backup of the entire phone with miui backup tool it backs up google contacts too and send them into the phonebook when i do a restore using the backup.

So when i now had to re-install/restore using the miui backup to get back the phonebook, settings and apps. I suddenly got all my normal phonebook contacts with telephone numbers and 200+ google e-mail contacts that i have sent e-mails to over the last years. I really dont need 200+ people/contacts in my phonebook that i cant call and wont send e-mail too.

How can i tell miui backup tool not to use the gmail accounts? i tried turning stuff off like sync google inside settings. But this was off from before but that didnt help.

Anybody know how to make miui backup tool not copy gmail e-mail contacts into the phonebook? :)

2. MReda

MRedaMembers

Nov 16, 2011
    I switched back to GB, so I don't know if this will work, but try going to "Contacts", press menu button & chose "Only show contacts with phone numbers", that should at least hide them.

Share Our Site