New [miui.eu DEV] Audio bug, call 2G - change in the sound quality - speaker

zagrobelny

Members
Dec 17, 2018
Audio mode bug. Random change in the sound quality (speaker) when calling to another person
MIUI.eu 10.2 - 8.12.13
Xiaomi Note 5 pro

Poor quality or very good quality of 2G conversations (only during in 2G, not 3G, not 4G). I hear the other person through the loudspeaker - randomly very well, or in a minute, two - weak, bad, banging, deaf. No problems with 3G, call sound perfect.

2G network coverage very good 5/5 lines, open space, sim= polish network Playmobile. The same problem with the sim1 and sim2 sockets. In another phone the same sim card, 2G talk - all the time perfect sound.

Last edited:
Try an official Global ROM first, if it's a baseband issue then there's nothing we can do.

Tkx Igor. I bought a xiaomi.eu rom phone, going back to global I need to block BL? I would gladly change the rom for a few hours quickly with full backup :).
Should I install Global stable based on miui 9 or dev on miui 10?

Last edited:
My phone also suffered from unstable wave conditions, sometimes losing waves, making calls sometimes had to 2 times my call receiver heard me say. I tried both rom beta and stable miui. Thank you

I don't know about Note 5 Pro, but Xiaomi has recently been changing the baseband version even in old phones, like my Mi Max1 Prime (helium).
There have been recent changes even in my Mix1 and Note 2, haven't tracked them for so long.

They changed it in 8.11.22 for my Max1, after it having been unchanged since at least 8.8.30, when I started tracking it.

Why they would change the baseband for such old phones I have no idea.
I don't use the Max for calling these days, so have no idea what might be different.

If you think "it was better before", you might try a firmware from before 8.11.22.

Xiaomi Note 5 pro have Rollback Protection mode ON, so return to the older firmware is dangerous in miui. Maybe we have to go on android AOSP roms like: Liquid Remix ROM, PixelExperience, AOSP Extendent... whitout bugs. Has anyone tested the latest stable version GLOBAL (not xiaomi.eu) 10.0.6.0 from http://en.miui.com/thread-4852675-1-1.html ?

xiaomi note 5 pro stable global 10.0.6.0 have the same baseband and kernel as my dev xiaomi.eu 8.12.13, I prefer version xiaomi.eu look:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to change option related to the loudspeaker in /system/build.prop ? Change with root by editing the file build.prop or without root through a copy backup file in TWRP, next edit under working system with notepad and next copy a new config file in TWRP?

Code:
# from old config:

persist.speaker.prot.enable = false
persist.audio.fluence.voicecall = true

# to new config:

persist.speaker.prot.enable = true
persist.audio.fluence.voicecall = false

Last edited: