MIUI on Motorola Atrix

Ladyfinesse08

Members
Nov 20, 2010
Hi I recently (today) switched from an HTC Evo to the Motorola Atrix. Love the phone although I will admit I do miss the bigger screen size on the evo. However having used MIUI on my evo since last october I find that not having it on my atrix is killing me. Was pretty much wondering if any of the devs here would be willing to pick it up and port MIUI for the Evo. Someone please respond otherwise I will most likely take the Atrix back and get a different phone which does/will have MIUI.

Please and Thanks.

I am also planning for this but since you are already using it tell me is it really beneficial using it?Do you encounter any problem while using it?

I got unlucky where I got one of the few that has some screen sensitivity issues near the edges of the screen. Trading it in tomorrow for a new one. Overall tho the atrix is a good phone. Like I said it is very tiny and the camera isnt as good as the evo's but i dont take a lot of pics with my phone camera so thats not a big deal for me. Not being rooted its definitely a little bit laggier than what my evo running MIUI was. However I've downloaded Go Launcher Ex, Go Launcher Contacts and Go Sms which all have a very MIUI like feel/look to them and are completely free. Hope I was able to help you out a bit. If you have any other questions just let me know and I'll try my best to help.

p.s. I also must say I love being able to talk while on the internet with At&t.

I looked over at XDA, and I don't see anyone working on a port for the Atrix. Since the Atrix released on Froyo (2.2) and the bootloader is locked, I don't know if there will be a port until the bootloader is unlocked. I see a number of threads in the xda forum on that :)