Miui Update 7.1.2.0 Not Working

k31k0

Members
Jan 23, 2016
Did someone manage to get the MIUI update 7.1.2.0 to work? I got the OTA update and tried updating twice but every time the phone downloads the update, installs it, restarts and when I check the version it says 7.1.1.0. That's weird...

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

try to delete ota update from folder "download_rom" , download again from updater, when download finish, enter in updater, select "choose package" and install from it.

Attention: i have't try it, because i haven't stock rom.. i have only read this method

Your methid doesn't work because once you download the update, there's no "select package" option. I could only press reboot so I did and it updated. I don't know what was I doing wrong the first two times. I guess that's why it's called "third time the charm" :)

If you download update from updater, will download full stock ROM. This update will work because there is not needed to match existing system to make the update. Will wipe entire system and flash newer one.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

I downloaded the update from updater but installing it didn't wipe my data. I guess it did download the full ROM because it took some time to download it. But my data didn't get wiped.

I updated, lost root can't find a method to get root back..
Root genius doesn't work
King root doesn't work

Anyone got another way please?

Yeah. Root doesn't work with this update. But I don't really need it so I'm fine :)

Would have been nice to know beforehand, I wouldn't have updated!

I think I saw a thread on miui.com forum about reverting the update to 7.1.1.0. Search there

Thank you, already looking at my options!
Might just wait and put up with it

I updated, lost root can't find a method to get root back..
Root genius doesn't work
King root doesn't work

Anyone got another way please?

Root genius is working. I garantue. Firsts days it didnt work but yesterday they updated it and i sucessfuly rooted 7.1.2.0

Definitely didn't work for me, root genius updated and just said it was adding the device soon.
I've had to miflash the previous rom, that rooted easily.
Luckily I had a titanium backup of all my apps so just a bit tedious getting settings back.

Same problem as everyone, everytime I am installing the 7.1.2.0 update, it reboots and starts up with 7.1.1.0 version. I used Kingroot only to remove bloatware the first time I started the phone. Any help?

flash 7.1.2.0 by downloading the full ROM zip and go to 'choose update package' and select the zip to install it