MIUI v10.1.10 | Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 - How to disable right side gesture

tim0s

Members
Dec 29, 2018
I have Xiaomi Mi Pad 8.0 4/64Gb LTE version and I had flashed the Xiaomi.eu MIUI Rom v10.1.1.0 (0DJCNFI) stable.

How can I disable the Xiaomi "Swipe left from the edge" gesture (quick swipe left from the edge to go back or long swipe to go back to recently opened app)? Is there a way to disable with ADB?

Screenshot_2019-01-06-11-58-08-988_com.android.systemui.png

I have also Samsung S8 and I like the Edge App application thats why I installed the Edge Screen S9. But the problem is that Xiaomi Full Screen Gesture Mode interact with the Edge Screen S9 and the Edge App works only with tap action. In order to work with swipe action I need to disable the Xiaomi Gesture "swipe left from the edge".

Here is picture of the Edge Screen S9 app on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4.

Screenshot_2019-01-06-12-08-12-201_com.hsv.freeadblockerbrowser.png

Regards

Last edited:
There's no way to disable only "Back" gesture, as you, the user, won't be able to go back in various apps like games (not all of them have "back button"). So, you should choose what to use: Gestures or S9 Edge app (and disable gestures at all)

There's no way to disable only "Back" gesture, as you, the user, won't be able to go back in various apps like games (not all of them have "back button"). So, you should choose what to use: Gestures or S9 Edge app (and disable gestures at all)

I wasnt talking about disabling the "back button" only the "swipe left from the edge". The "back button" works also from "swipe right from the edge".
Screenshot_2019-01-06-14-08-43-382_com.android.systemui.png

Last edited:
I think one option is to disable Xioami "Full screen gesture" and install Fluid NG where I can choose which edge is activated for gestures and which actions it takes with quick swipe and long swipe. Then I can use Edge Screen S9 app on Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 with swipe from left edge action like in S8/S9 instead of click.

Last edited: