[MIUI v4] Where to place Alarms audio files?

jaypop

Members
Dec 18, 2012
Is there a way to get audio files to show up in Alarm / Local / System Resources, so we don't need to browse for them via Alarm/Local/Others?

I've tried
/media/audio/alarms
but they don't show up.

I'm using Ogg Vorbis files.

Tried both "alarms" and "Alarms" (filesystem is case sensitive after all), neither works.

When I go to choose Ringtone, there are two tabs, "Local" and "Online". "Online" is literally the internet. "Local" has a category "System Resources", and a button "Others" that asks you to choose a file explorer. That's it.

Is the default alarm clock supposed to pick up custom alarms?

I have an alarm ringtone in Alarms and it works. The file is in Local. And dont try to make alarm folder because its already made. Android 4.0 creates that folder with others like Pictures, Music or Ringtones.

I deleted an empty Alarms folder in the root of sdcard a long time ago, but it never worked before I deleted the folder either.

I've attached my Alarms / Select Ringtone page - "System Resources" is the only category. Selecting "Short" or "All", the Ogg is still missing.

Is it because the file is 2mb / 1m40s?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-10-03-37-32.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-10-03-37-32.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 433
I have solved the mystery.

Alarms and Ringtones go in /sdcard/MIUI/ringtone. Files will then appear above "System Resources".

This should be stickied somewhere, and it's wrong on the MIUI FAQ (someone tell Xiaomi?).