MIUI10 ROM now available - how to flash?

RomanDesign

Members
Nov 8, 2018
There's now MIUI10 stable ROM available for download from xiaomi.eu. But I could not find any instructions on how to flash. Can it be flashed from stock global Note 6 Pro with locked bootloader? Is there a detailed instruction on how to proceed with that?

- unlock bootloader
- Install TWRP
- Format userdata
- install zip
- reboot

Reactions: Cioffaz
That's the thing: news article on XDA about this ROM says: "It is a Recovery ROM, which means that it can be flashed via the MIUI Updater app. It doesn’t require an unlocked bootloader, and users will not lose their data if they upgrade from a MIUI 9 Global Stable build. The build can also be installed via TWRP. "
Also, I don't see any guide about how to unlock bootloader for this mode, or how to install TWRP and which version. I don't want to assume things and get a brick. I'm looking for tried and tested step by step guide...

- unlock bootloader
- Install TWRP
- Format userdata
- install zip
- reboot

Hello!

There is no official twrp for this phone. I tried one ported twrp (from note5, xda source for note6pro), not working, error 7. I tried orange fox twrp, installed the rom, its doesnt boot up after 20 minutes, just rebooting to twrp. What to do? Its my 4th Xiaomi model, i always used the perfect xiaomi.eu rom :) This time i cant install :(

I have 10.0.4.0 Global installed.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Check XDA.. There are users with our ROM installed..

Check XDA.. There are users with our ROM installed..
1. Why almost all system packages from polaris?
Process: system_server
Subject: PackageManager
Build: Xiaomi/polaris/polaris:8.0.0/OPR1.170623.032/V9.5.19.0.ODGMIFA:user/release-keys

2. Where is face unlock?
Even can't change region

3. Poco launcher crash
4. FingerPrint too
But fingers recognize is fine

Did you format data after installation of our ROM?

1. Why almost all system packages from polaris?
Process: system_server
Subject: PackageManager
Build: Xiaomi/polaris/polaris:8.0.0/OPR1.170623.032/V9.5.19.0.ODGMIFA:user/release-keys

2. Where is face unlock?
Even can't change region

3. Poco launcher crash
4. FingerPrint too

But fingers recognize is fine

Can you please tell me how to install eu rom on redmi note 6 pro? I cant install with unofficial twrp-s. And also cant find anything on XDA about that. Thank you!

Last edited:
1. Take this fox_recovery.img AFH
2. Go to fastboot
3. fastboot boot fox_recovery.img
4. Flash whatever you want (don't forget wipe data partiotion)
5. But remember that the reboot of the booted recovery in step 3 will return the stock.
6. Booting into the system.
7. If you need a normal recovery again - repeat with step 2.

NOTE: if you flash recovery - u can't boot. Anyway u can take stcok boot and recovery from AFH above

Last edited:
2. Go to fastboot
5. But remember that the reboot of the booted recovery in step 3 will return the stock.

NOTE: if you flash recovery - u can't boot. Anyway u can take stcok boot and recovery from AFH above

Thank you, i'll try it :)

2. Go to fastboot

Not working... unable to mount /data. Cannot format data or install the rom. I tried with 4 twrp versions.

Reactions: wvan3011
Not working... unable to mount /data. Cannot format data or install the rom. I tried with 4 twrp versions.
wait, first what you see in recovery - decrypt data (asking password) and suggest format data. Anyway you can format via fastboot (fastboot format userdata) i guess

Reactions: wvan3011
- unlock bootloader
- Install TWRP
- Format userdata
- install zip
- reboot

Hi, is there any official twrp yet? I've checked the official site but to no evidence of it

I've read somewhere that the one for Redmi Note 5 Pro can be flashed...can you please confirm it?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, is there any official twrp yet? I've checked the official site but to no evidence of it

I've read somewhere that the one for Redmi Note 5 Pro can be flashed...can you please confirm it?

Thanks for your help.
I can confirm that!

That's the thing: news article on XDA about this ROM says: "It is a Recovery ROM, which means that it can be flashed via the MIUI Updater app. It doesn’t require an unlocked bootloader, and users will not lose their data if they upgrade from a MIUI 9 Global Stable build. The build can also be installed via TWRP. "
Also, I don't see any guide about how to unlock bootloader for this mode, or how to install TWRP and which version. I don't want to assume things and get a brick. I'm looking for tried and tested step by step guide...

Here is guide to unlock bootloader and install twrp
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-how-to-root-install-twrp-redmi-t3867146

Reactions: Cioffaz